Fly Any Helo

jonezee

I'm a long time fan of Falcon 4.0 and Red Viper, but recently began playing Black Shark. I love it. The terrain is amazing and so is the modeling.

The question I have is about flying other helicopters. I know there's a module coming in the future to allow the Apache to be flown, but isn't there a shortcut?

In Falcon, only the F-16 is flyable until you make a quick hack. You simply remove a single file from the main folder and every plane is suddenly flyable.

The F-16 cockpit stays the same, but you can still fly other jets.

Is there a similar hack that could be used for Black Shark? An edit that could be made to allow all the helicopters to be flown, but with the Black Shark pit?

• ED Team
I'm a long time fan of Falcon 4.0 and Red Viper, but recently began playing Black Shark. I love it. The terrain is amazing and so is the modeling.

The question I have is about flying other helicopters. I know there's a module coming in the future to allow the Apache to be flown, but isn't there a shortcut?

In Falcon, only the F-16 is flyable until you make a quick hack. You simply remove a single file from the main folder and every plane is suddenly flyable.

The F-16 cockpit stays the same, but you can still fly other jets.

Is there a similar hack that could be used for Black Shark? An edit that could be made to allow all the helicopters to be flown, but with the Black Shark pit?

I haven't personally tried it myself, but it should be possible to just replace the 3D model of the KA-50 with some other model, like the Apache or whatever.

This was already done in previous Black Shark movies by "Supervasya". (correct?)

....\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Bazar\World\Shapes

That's where the LOM files are, but make sure you create a backup before you tinker with anything in there, else you may find yourself having to reinstall...

Simply copy and paste the one you want to use, for example AH-64A, and rename it to the relevant KA-50. There are however, 14 LOM files associated with the AH-64A so you will have to do some trial and error to see which ones you need to save (probably all of them...)

At least, in theory...

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

....\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Bazar\World\Shapes

That's where the LOM files are, but make sure you create a backup before you tinker with anything in there, else you may find yourself having to reinstall...

Simply copy and paste the one you want to use, for example AH-64A, and rename it to the relevant KA-50. There are however, 14 LOM files associated with the AH-64A so you will have to do some trial and error to see which ones you need to save (probably all of them...)

At least, in theory...

Thanks a lot for your help. I just tried it and it works great.

But you will only change the model, not the cockpit, not the physics, not the avionics, not the weapons. Just the optics and that is probably mostly a change when in outside view.

So it's not like in RedViper or similar mods, where you e.g. have the weaponry and flight-characteristics of the A-10, when flying it, even if you still have the F-16 cockpit.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD