Autocannon single fire? HELP!!

Guest Worldsprayer

Guest Worldsprayer

Ok it is my understanding that the 30mm canon was supposed to be a burst weapon. For some reason, I can NOT get it to fire in burst mode . Despite all my attempts, it is only able to fire rounds as long as you have the trigger depressed (using saitek 52). Now this means i can fire individual rounds which IS nice for infantry....but i can also spray it out pretty quick on fast mode...too fast. HAs anyone else had this problem?

it is only able to fire rounds as long as you have the trigger depressed (using saitek 52). Now this means i can fire individual rounds which IS nice for infantry....but i can also spray it out pretty quick on fast mode...too fast.

It's not plain to me from your post whether you mean that each time you pull & hold the trigger you only get a single round, or continuous automatic fire that doesn't cut out as a burst.

You should get a burst that has a maximum of a certain number of rounds, but that will end before that if you release the trigger.

If you want to drop the number of rounds that you use, make sure you have a short burst selected &/or reduce the rate of fire & release early.

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

For the cannon, setting the burst length selector to long or medium results in a 20 round burst length. If the selector is set to short, the burst length is 10 rounds. If you hold the trigger, the cannon will automatically stop firing after 10 rounds (short) or 20 rounds (medium, long). However, releasing the trigger prior to the end of the selected burst length will always cease firing the cannon. In other words, if you release the trigger after 5 rounds, it will stop firing after 5 rounds and will not continue firing another 5 rounds without the trigger being pulled. The AH-64 operates in a similar manner.

In fact, I can't think of any burst fire weapon that continues to fire after the release of the trigger.

Edited by AlphaOneSix

That was exactly what I though, significant.

If you mapped the gun-trigger to the first triggers stage, but press the trigger fully, you will only fire the gun for a millisecond, which describes your problem exactly.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Or it could be a bad macro file for the trigger. I don't remember the terminology exacly, but it would mean something like "press" instead of "while pressed".

The command "press" would send a single signal of X amount of time, while the "while pressed" command would send the signal as long as the trigger is pressed.

I had similar problem when I was first programming my Hotas Cougar for Falcon4.