T55 has a 105mm gun?

Betting

Did a search on the forums but couldn't find anything. So I have a very, very trivial question to ask ...

After looking at the after combat report that the game generates after each mission I noticed that my T55s had destroyed some Marders with 105mm guns. I always thought the T55s had a 100mm gun. I just checked Wiki and it seems that the only T55s ever to have a 105 were some that were modified by the USA for the Egyptian army.

Could anyone shine some light on this question please?

You have right. The russian version (used into the former USSR army) is armed with a standard 100 mm main gun.

Some versions or upgrade used in others army can be armed with a different gun, most of time with a 105 mm gun.

Israel have also used the Ti-67 tank, it was a T-55 (syrian) upgraded with a 105 mm main gun.

100 mm or 105 mm, there is no difference for a marder after a direct hit : baoummmmm ! lol

You have right. The russian version (used into the former USSR army) is armed with a standard 100 mm main gun.

Some versions or upgrade used in others army can be armed with a different gun, most of time with a 105 mm gun.

Israel have also used the Ti-67 tank, it was a T-55 (syrian) upgraded with a 105 mm main gun.

100 mm or 105 mm, there is no difference for a marder after a direct hit : baoummmmm ! lol

It was pretty exciting to watch. Massive amounts of tracer round flying both ways, big explosions ... poor Germans :music_whistling:. Funny thing is (at least I thought it was) is that tanks even use their machine-guns in these battles (later the same T-55s encountered some Abramses), not like they'd be effective.