Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition

Stickers

I know Call of Duty games aren't really "Sims" but I wanted to know what your guys thoughts were on this ridiculousness of a special edition version.

Now I am sure these are some shitty NVG's... but damn does this hit my "I wanna waste $150 and buy this crap" bone.

COD "nerds" will jump on this...yeah the NVG's are crummy but people like a little hardware to go with their software.

What surprises me are the comments surrounding the game "this game looks EPIC" <-- I ENJOY the COD series once and awhile when I'm feeling impatient and I want to kill 20 minutes, but jeezuz it looks exactly the same...just different weapons/settings and maps.

Infinity ward usually brings more to the table than the versions that the ward aren't attached to, but I'd rather concentrate on the release of OFP DR (new video releases tomorrow).

Having a blast with ARMA 2 and looking forward to seeing what OFP will bring to the table.

No doubt that MW2 will CRUSH any other games that are released within a 2 month radius of release and will most likely be the best selling game of all time to this point.

No doubt that MW2 will CRUSH any other games that are released within a 2 month radius of release and will most likely be the best selling game of all time to this point.

I'm actually looking forward to MW2. I showed up late to the party with CoD4 and felt like a chump in multiplayer since I didn't have all the hours put in for the cool perks and weapons.

About CoD being a sim: I'm a bit strange when it comes to these types of games. I have very little interest in FPS like ARMA that try to be ultra-realistic. For one thing, it makes me uncomfortable having never served in any armed forces myself. Flying a fighter jet or something similar is far enough from my "reality" that I don't mind pretending that I'm a pilot. Being a Marine or Soldier in this real as dirt environment...that's different. It feels almost disrespectful and more than a little pathetic (to me, just my opinion, mind you) to pretend to do what teenage kids have done for decades and continue to do, not to mention at the price of their lives. This is just the way I feel.

Now, have me bump up a bunch of ranks and put me in charge of virtual soldiers at the company level and above in a war game and it becomes more cerebral, more detached and I'll have no problems. This is why I stick with the fictitious, over-the-top, hollywood type "realistic" FPS or just play the twitch UT/Quake/Halo types.

EDIT: Just want to clarify, I don't think its disrespectful or pathetic for someone to enjoy ARMA. I'm only saying that this is how I feel.

Edited by RedTiger

I saw that video right when it came out and had to laugh... NVG's!!! For $149 you'd have to wonder how bad (cheap) they are. For someone who's tried military ones, I can't help but laugh at it.

I am, however, looking forward to MW2 (CoD6) a ton! It will be the game of the year...!!!

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

I can see myself at a midnight release for MW2. Watching the trailers does give you the impression it is going to be a lot more epic. But true... at the same time its going to be the same game. But that's okay for me. The formula they have will still work and I am sure there will be a number of improvements to it.

One thing I am hoping they put in is the gore that World at War has. I'm sorry but if I hit you with a M203 round or point blank with a .50 cal.... I want it to look somewhat like it would irl. I'm not some blood seeking kid or anything. It just gives me a little more satisfaction and more "Output Reward" for my "Input".

One thing I am hoping they put in is the gore that World at War has. I'm sorry but if I hit you with a M203 round or point blank with a .50 cal.... I want it to look somewhat like it would irl. I'm not some blood seeking kid or anything. It just gives me a little more satisfaction and more "Output Reward" for my "Input".

I wonder about this sometimes, why you don't see much blood or gore in the FPS that are trying to be more "realistic". I'm not talking about crazy flying gibs a la Unreal or Quake, but you would think you'd see more gory dismemberment and bloody chest wounds. Violence sells.

I wonder about this sometimes, why you don't see much blood or gore in the FPS that are trying to be more "realistic". I'm not talking about crazy flying gibs a la Unreal or Quake, but you would think you'd see more gory dismemberment and bloody chest wounds. Violence sells.

OFP: DR should deliver, in this respect.

The little boy-part in me loves this kind of gadgetry but I won't shell out so much money for a thing I probably wouldn't even openly display in my flat bcause I'd feel a little too childish.

I am looking forward to CoD:MW2 but the series really is like an interactive movie or a rollercoaster ride and not even remotely a sim or even a tactic shooter. Just very well executed blockbuster entertainment.

More bunnyhopping and prone jumping yay

Imagine if they did away with that... Aaaahhh!!!

Hopefully Punkbuster won't screw up this time around and cause all that lag that showed up after the 1.7 patch + newest PB release of CoD4. That nearly ruined CoD4 MP...

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Imagine if they did away with that... Aaaahhh!!!

Hopefully Punkbuster won't screw up this time around and cause all that lag that showed up after the 1.7 patch + newest PB release of CoD4. That nearly ruined CoD4 MP...

In CoD4, I never saw much bunny hopping and that's because of my own pet peeve; sniping. I don't mind the concept of it, but when you join a game and every single person on your team is wearing a ghillie suit, that should tell you something. Sniping was by far, the dominant way of playing, especially on the modes that did not use radar. The fact that getting muliple kills would allow you to call in air strikes added to problem. Some guy could hole-up in an attic and just kill everyone who stepped into his kill zone. Then he could order an air strike on a spawn point and get a ludicrous amount of kills. Some games would last way to long because everyone just holed-up and sniped, killing the one or two shmucks trying to duke it out with SMBs and assault rifles.

The thing is, this wasn't even that hard. I suck at these types of games and even I could do it. I HATE the sniper playstyle though. I'm more into using grenades and assault rifles in those types of games. Hard to do when the map is nothing but a criss-cross of enemy sniper kill zones. :mad:

In CoD4, I never saw much bunny hopping and that's because of my own pet peeve; sniping. I don't mind the concept of it, but when you join a game and every single person on your team is wearing a ghillie suit, that should tell you something. Sniping was by far, the dominant way of playing, especially on the modes that did not use radar. The fact that getting muliple kills would allow you to call in air strikes added to problem. Some guy could hole-up in an attic and just kill everyone who stepped into his kill zone. Then he could order an air strike on a spawn point and get a ludicrous amount of kills. Some games would last way to long because everyone just holed-up and sniped, killing the one or two shmucks trying to duke it out with SMBs and assault rifles.

The thing is, this wasn't even that hard. I suck at these types of games and even I could do it. I HATE the sniper playstyle though. I'm more into using grenades and assault rifles in those types of games. Hard to do when the map is nothing but a criss-cross of enemy sniper kill zones. :mad:

I know how you feel. But I pretty much only played Hardcore Search and Destroy. Sniping isn't has lucrative in this mode from my experience. One thing they MUST fix is the M203 spam at the beginning of a match. Nothing more bullshit then getting blown up 3 seconds into the match because some kid knows what pixel to aim at.

Don't see too many players using sniper rifles anymore. There's always a few depending on the map, but in general the maps of CoD4 weren't as big as previous versions. I don't mind any of it, not even the shooting through walls that goes on, but you shouldn't get a "hit indicator" when you randomly shoot someone through a wall! Too many players fire aimlessly and when they see the "hit indicator" (X - crosshair) change, they stop and spray that wall, not having ever seen the enemy and subsequently kill them. Very annoying! If they only took out the "hit indicator/crosshair", that would fix a lot!

Great game though! Very few games that have continuously gotten better with each release despite the first one being a block buster too!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm actually looking forward to MW2. I showed up late to the party with CoD4 and felt like a chump in multiplayer since I didn't have all the hours put in for the cool perks and weapons.

About CoD being a sim: I'm a bit strange when it comes to these types of games. I have very little interest in FPS like ARMA that try to be ultra-realistic. For one thing, it makes me uncomfortable having never served in any armed forces myself. Flying a fighter jet or something similar is far enough from my "reality" that I don't mind pretending that I'm a pilot. Being a Marine or Soldier in this real as dirt environment...that's different. It feels almost disrespectful and more than a little pathetic (to me, just my opinion, mind you) to pretend to do what teenage kids have done for decades and continue to do, not to mention at the price of their lives. This is just the way I feel.

Now, have me bump up a bunch of ranks and put me in charge of virtual soldiers at the company level and above in a war game and it becomes more cerebral, more detached and I'll have no problems. This is why I stick with the fictitious, over-the-top, hollywood type "realistic" FPS or just play the twitch UT/Quake/Halo types.

EDIT: Just want to clarify, I don't think its disrespectful or pathetic for someone to enjoy ARMA. I'm only saying that this is how I feel.

I am 100% behind you and know exactly what you mean mate. As long as people distinguish the 'defference' between being there and virtually being there..

Too many cowboys. Not enough indians.

GO APE SH*T

Reminds me of the wish for silenced sniper rifles, there exist... :megalol:

This is getting funny. The first news that angered me was this:

Activision raises the retail prices for the PC versions of Modern Warfare 2: 55 GBP / 60$ / 60€

...and today this came up:

No Special Edition for PC players

I actually feel offended by the tactics Activision and other parts of the industry are utilizing against PC gamers (still their own customers) while at the same time they are arguing about rampant piracy. Yeah, right... force ridiculously intrusive and annoying DRM-mechanisms on your customers, take away the only (extremely hyped) feature pirates will never be able to deliver and then complain about bad sales because of piracy... Unbelievable. I didn't want to buy that edition anyway but the way they are treating their original fanbase is enough for me to not buy it retail and wait for this game to become a budget title or even for a used copy. What do you think?

Oh that simply comes down to game ratings if they put too much blood and gore into these games the ESRB will rate the game as for adults only and kill the potential sales to ADD suffering kiddies (I mean the base lol). GTA III had gore where you could literally pop peoples heads like balloons and shoot their legs off leaving them to hop along but they took it out of the game due to ratings and enabled the feature via cheat code. Hot Coffee Mod comes to mind next although that was as lame as a nude Lara Croft!:lol:

budget then. If thats how their gonna treat us then.... I wont buy it until its cheaper. it's their fault for leaving us out.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45