Help please didnt deactivate

flybro

Hi

Please please please help,

I've just gome to re-install my dcs black shark and the numbers on the email rect dont work, the numbers from the product page dont work either.

This is a new machine and I haven't used DCS BS for months. I didn't know I had to deactivate it, I just wiped the HDD before upgrading to this machine.

I've tried using both the email rect and product page numbers to deactivate and activate it.

Please help, I finally have a machine that will really make black shark fly, and I love the game.

Good luck to all, and a little extra good luck to those that get me flying again.

Thank you

You don't have to deactivate it as long as you have activations left. You started with 8 if you used the international digital distribution or the western DVD versions.

Ensure that you are not accidently using the number associated with your transaction ID - this is unrelated to your license key.

Please doublecheck which route you took. I'll take a moment to prepare a picture of what it looks like when you're at the right place (obviously I need to blur out certain bits of it though).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

serial.jpg

As you can see, there are two places named "Files". You want the first one, then Product, and then there's the line named "Serial number". Are you certain that it is that number sequence you have attempted to use, and that you have typed it exactly?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

A word of note though: when I said "you don't have to deactivate" I meant it in the literal sense - it's not "necessary". However, if you are uninstalling and find it likely that you'll be performing OS reinstalls or significant hardware changes before you next install it again (or purchase a new computer), it is highly recommended that you do deactivate just to preserve the activation you are currently using.

You have a total of 10 deactivations to help keep your 8 activations.

That aside, good to hear you have it up and running again. See you in the skies. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• 1 month later...

I have used up my activations and din't knwo I did I thought i had a few left. now it says I don't have any left and got a message after a re-nstall.

I used up my first couple of activations when I first installed it, uninstalled it. Then I tried Win7 and used one. Then I installe dit on myother computer to use it as a server with Servman. Then my vidoe card screwed up and I tried to toubleshoot and re-installed WinXP. Then I had a serious error with my Saitek software and had no choice but to re-install WinXP. I know I had at least 2 activations left.

But, now it refuses re-install, over the itself, after my latest WinXP install. It says I need new activations or something to that effect.. So I sent an email to tech support a couple of days ago asking for help in getting activations. I hope they send me the codes soon.

I will never ever again go without a DVD. I am going to buy the DVD in a few months and stop using the electronic download.

Maybe I screwed up and didn't do the activations correctly,, I don't know, I thought all was well, but apparently, I didn't. Live and learn..

:doh:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Box version of Black Shark is absolutely the same as downloadable and has exactly the same protection scheme. It's just on a disc.

Regarding the activation problem. Actually, your serial number has 2 activations left. So it should work fine. I would suggest to try activating again and if an error message comes up - post it here.

929d768ca6a69127d1f9c61ea94c02e8.gif [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] =653=Tez

When I click on the menu single player to adjust options, it lets me in... but when I click on multiplayer it tells me I exceeded activations..

:joystick:

thanx,,

09-01-09_BS_Activation_Snap1.jpg.c182354c89fbf1fb7b03a2060a10f670.jpg

09-01-09_BS_Activation_Snap2.jpg.34c18658af5f007a6ff4636b2385bc87.jpg

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

I've received your PM. Everything correct. 6 activations and 2 deactivations are recorded in your S/N log. I've missed that fact. (You can check it yourself on http://proactive.star-force.com/2.0/activate.php by entering the S/N and pressing "Serial Number parameters"). So you have 2 reactivations left now. If you have the reactivation codes from those deactivations you can reactivate with them. Otherwise contact me by PM or email.

It's also important to know the version of Black Shark. Have you installed the patch? If no, i strongly recommend to install the patch and try activating again. Please let us know the results.

Hi,

It worked, I didn't carry out one of the steps on the website from the process.. now I see what I did wrong, :doh:

it sent me a new activation code..

thanx for the help..

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

My Black Shark was patched for a weeks or two, then I had to re-install WinXP (I just re-installed it over the orignal install, I did not uninstall anything,, or wipe the disc..). I really didn't uninstall Black Shark..

But since my sytem was clean and BS was not in the system.. I went to install BS over it 'again', then patch it again..

at first I didn't have it patched... when I tried the first time I was going run it before patching..

problem is I am tired and really didn't take note.. all I know if I re-installed WinXP , and installed BS over the origanl install,,

went into setup,,

came out went into multiplayer and then it said I needed a new activation code..

sorry if I can't give you perfect details,, but when you spend hours and days putting software in compuers... you get very tired.. (but hey,, you already knew that.. :doh:

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Interesting... email me the serial number you're entering.

I wonder how long a reply will take if he does make the effort. Several days ago I emailed support with a photo of my product serial number and receipt and still no reply. Judging from other posts a response might take light years if one gets one at all. I deactivated mine on 2 seperate occasions and was not provided a reactivation code both times. The manual says to try again to deactivate it. What are we supposed to do burn up all our deactivations trying to get a solitary reactivation code?

I've answered your e-mail on Monday. Surely it stuck in some spam filters.

If you deactivated with patch installed then there shouldn't be a reactivation code (actually its real name is a deactivation key). It had been used in the old version.

http://www.star-force.com/support/users/deactivate/

Regarding your question in email. We don't change the number of activations. Please consider reading a FAQ about the subject:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=593519#post593519

Edited by Tez

I've answered your e-mail on Monday. Surely it stuck in some spam filters.

If you deactivated with patch installed then there shouldn't be a reactivation code (actually its real name is a deactivation key). It had been used in the old version.

http://www.star-force.com/support/users/deactivate/

Regarding your question in email. We don't change the number of activations. Please consider reading a FAQ about the subject:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=593519#post593519

I never deactivated anything.. it's the same computer.. should I decativate it??

why is this so difficult? :cry:

I guess I wil just keep hammering links, buttons, and anything else until something happens..

Right now I am in my Win7 and haven't gone back to WinXP today. I will try again maybe later..

Can't wait till I just get the DVD and a new computer (before March.. hopefully)... no more of this activation stuff..

Edited by Ramstein

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

I never deactivated anything.. it's the same computer.. should I decativate it??
Open your old serial number details ("Serial Number parameters" hyperlink at http://proactive.star-force.com/2.0/activate.php). You'll notice there one deactivation (I remember there were 2 deactivations on 1st September; I've just asked StarForce about log behavior, I'll post explanation here).

Can't wait till I just get the DVD and a new computer (before March.. hopefully)... no more of this activation stuff..
I've told you already, DVD version is absolutely the same as downloadable, it's just on the disk.

Open your old serial number details ("Serial Number parameters" hyperlink at http://proactive.star-force.com/2.0/activate.php). You'll notice there one deactivation (I remember there were 2 deactivations on 1st September; I've just asked StarForce about log behavior, I'll post explanation here).

I've told you already, DVD version is absolutely the same as downloadable, it's just on the disk.

I also have Flaming Cliffs on dvd and had no problems with Star Force on a disc, this was was my first downloaded sim... and am going back to dvd..

the difference is there are no activation restrictions on dvd,, which you already knew that.. there was no computerized bean counter that could not/would not reason.. like a Twighlight Zone episode.. :doh:

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

:doh: DVD and downloadable is exact the same versions! there is no difference at all. There is no way to launch BS via disk check. Only Russian DVD edition has this ability.

Update:

I've received answer from StarForce. Status Deactivated changes to Reactivated after reactivation. So we have:

Activation - a new record Activated, let's call it №1;

Deactivation - a new record №2 Deactivated;

Reactivation - record №2 changes from Deactivated to Reactivated and a new record №3 appears Activated.

Edited by Tez

with e-mails, well Star-Force tell me to use this website:

https://proactive.star-force.com/1.0/activate.php

and it tells me my Serial number is invalid..

why can't they just fix it..?? a week of going around in circles..

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Are we supposed to uninstall Black Shark, re-install it, the try to activate it before we patch it? Well, it really don't matter because my serial number is being refused by Star Force anyways,,

i wish everyone would just stop pointing fingers.. who has the power to fix my problem? Is it Black Shark support or Star-Force?

Sceond question: whoever can fix it why are they dragging their feet?

:cry:

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI