Black Shark DVD vs. download

RedTiger

Greetings!

After buying the download version of Black Shark when it first came out, I'm finally getting to the point where I feel I have the time and interest to fully learn how to play and try a helicopter on for size. I tried to search for this, but no dice. Can anyone tell me how the DVD version works? Is it similar to Flaming Cliffs (weekly required disk check)? I don't mind the copywrite protection but I find the Flaming Cliffs DVD's method more convinient than activations and such. I want to buy a DVD copy if it works the same way.

As far as I know, there is no difference between western download version and western DVD releases, except that there are videos and stuff included in the DVD. (The ones that are on the site.)

As far as protection goes, it is exactly identical, with the same protection system as the download. There is no requirement to have the DVD in the drive when playing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

And it cames with limited number of activations-deactivations like the download version.

Something that i respect but i can´t understand. ( I have buyed one anyway )

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

burnd all my activations already. I realy hate this starforce crap.

How in the world did you manage that? There are like 8 activations and 10 deactivations. Seriously, you have to be really, really careless to allow that. And if you need additional activations you can probably get them by contacting DCS.

That's not to say I like the system but unfortunately the cost of piracy is we have to put up DRM.

-- CoolHand