Engines cut out and other misc problems.

Ch0b0

First off I'm running Vista x64 with FC 1.12b.

I was stumped at why I was doing terrible against enemy aircraft but I noticed a few issues.

When I am in full AB accelerating, after a few seconds the engine audio cuts out and the plane will handle as if I dramatically reduced throttle. It shows the exhaust as full AB but it certainly isn't. It "feels" like the throttle drops to 10-25%. Due to this I cannot maintain corner speed, or climb past 25,000ft. This is with the MiG-29 and the F-15C.

Also BVR radar seems to have extremely reduced efficiency as well... it seems to only ever work in VR and it does so very poorly... particularly against large aircraft!

Lastly, the game crashes quite a bit, usually after an enemy missile passes by me.

I'm not sure what is going on here, any ideas?

EDIT: Doh! The sound cutting out is supersonic speed. And I guess the airspeed drop during climb is the speed/altitude adjustment. In regards to cornering I guess the F-15C doesn't have the same turn rate as the Su-17? I can't out-turn one at corner speed. The MiG seems to be magically working now though.

However the radar problems persist... as well as the crashing.

Edited by Ch0b0

I was stumped at why I was doing terrible against enemy aircraft but I noticed a few issues.

The AI cheat. They can see you through clouds, they never lose sight of you. They will detect you, lock you up and fire the first shot faster than a human can.

When I am in full AB accelerating, after a few seconds the engine audio cuts out and the plane will handle as if I dramatically reduced throttle. It shows the exhaust as full AB but it certainly isn't. It "feels" like the throttle drops to 10-25%. Due to this I cannot maintain corner speed, or climb past 25,000ft. This is with the MiG-29 and the F-15C.

Doh! The sound cutting out is supersonic speed.

And I guess the airspeed drop during climb is the speed/altitude adjustment.

Yep - go supersonic and it gets quieter.

Speed shown is in your cockpit air speed. As you climb into thinner air, you appear to slow down. If you press F2 for an external view you will see your (I think) ground speed which will be more like the speed you'd expect to be travelling. Of course you need to see your Air Speed since that is more important to you to keep the plane flying under control. If the speed you saw was ground speed you might accidentally get into a stall at higher altitudes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

whats your system specs for the sound and video?

If running in 5.1 surround sound try changing the sound config to 4 speaker sound quadraphonic.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

whats your system specs for the sound and video?

If running in 5.1 surround sound try changing the sound config to 4 speaker sound quadraphonic.

nVidia Geforce GTX 285 SLi

Creative X-Fi Titanium

I noticed the crashes started happening after I installed TrackIR... now Falcon 4.0 is starting to crash. hmmm...

Is there any way to win the open mission awacs attack? It seems impossible to take down 4 MiG-23s plus the AWACs without getting 20 missles my way.

I've only started combat flight sims about a week ago but am I puzzled. I know I am against AI (that cheats) but at corner speed the Su-17M4 in instant action seems to turn better than me (F-15) when I am at corner speed. I got frustrated, bled speed, and slammed on the stick hard and I wiped him out with guns with less effort.

Same thing happens when I pilot the Su27 against an F-15C... corner speed = blackout and opponent outturns me. Low speed jamming on the stick = dead F-15. What am I doing wrong isn't this the opposite of what I should do to get a kill?

Edited by Ch0b0

Yeah, well AI will never blackout or G-LOC during dogfight so you gotta bear that in mind. Hint - use reduced blackout/redout settings, it's been discussed trillions of times so far and we reached the conclusion reduced setting is more reallistic.

Is there any way to win the open mission awacs attack? It seems impossible to take down 4 MiG-23s plus the AWACs without getting 20 missles my way.

Well, first thing you don't want to do is having 4 planes engaging you in the same day or flight or especially moment.

Let's make a small equasion here, you say you've got 4 Floggers + AWACs and 20 missiles inbound, right?! AWACs shoots no missiles which means you're allowing each Flogger to launch 5 missiles at you. Are you Winchester at this point?! Gunzo?!

General BVR tactic is making a launch to deny your enemy of launching at you. So why letting them launch 5 missiles at you? Launch before you're launched upon! Keep him bugged, accelerate, pop up above the bandit and once inside Rmax be the first to launch! Once you do crank 50-55° off initial heading and fly that way in a 15° dive accelerating to corner speed for 15 secs than pull back into a bandit and launch again. First missile will probably miss if launched from Rmax but will make the bandit go defensive, second one will pick him up!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

nVidia Geforce GTX 285 SLi

Creative X-Fi Titanium

I noticed the crashes started happening after I installed TrackIR... now Falcon 4.0 is starting to crash. hmmm...

use the Alchemy program in your creative folder. and also set speaker; spaeker config to 4 quadraphonic, when playing it will help cause the trak ir the DX is looking for the 5.1 DX features in the game thats is 4 speakers dx only...

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

The game is much more enjoyable with reduced effects, it's like Falcon 4.0 on realistic settings. I've also managed to succeed in that AWACs mission too.

I have also tried Creative Alchemy... no crashes yet!

Though the AI still manages to out turn me when I'm at corner speed, I think it is because sometimes I lay off the Gs to remain at corner speed. I'm not sure however, I'm still a newbie at flight sims.

Thanks for the tips guys!

EDIT: I guess I spoke too soon, the crashes are still happening. It usually happens right after I dodge an enemy missile.

Edited by Ch0b0