Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising Release Date

element1108

thats probably the best vid they've released so far.

Thanks for the link.

Edit: something about the music reminds me of an old 80s tv show or something but i cant put my finger on it.

Edited by deadsmell

Dont let the smell get to ya...............

looks very good. Some of the best times I have had online with friends was playing OFP coop missions. I hope this is still built in to the latest release. I have been totally turned off of FP shooters that make you 'shoot, die, respawn... shoot, die, respawn, ect' add nauseum.

looks very good. Some of the best times I have had online with friends was playing OFP coop missions. I hope this is still built in to the latest release. I have been totally turned off of FP shooters that make you 'shoot, die, respawn... shoot, die, respawn, ect' add nauseum.

Agreed...I still can't reach some of my RL friends who are just obsessed with COD...nothing wrong with it, but I post them a link to the trailer of OFP and they're all skeptical because COD "has it down" to them. I try to explain it's a completely different game.

Part of the reason I'm so hype about this game as well is the co-op features. Give me 4 friends online, not interested in rushing in and shooting from the hip. I want to guage the situation and act/proceed accordingly. When I fire a shot, I want to be sure it counts because it has the potential to open up a flood of fire we may not be able to handle.

I like games that make you think...so that when I play them I can say I'm using more brain waves playing games than I do watching TV. (which I fully believe).

I'm not going to earn a doctorate playing games, but at least when I play them I don't want to be the equivalent of those zombies in COD WAW zombie mode ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I want to guage the situation and act/proceed accordingly. When I fire a shot, I want to be sure it counts because it has the potential to open up a flood of fire we may not be able to handle.

I like games that make you think...so that when I play them I can say I'm using more brain waves playing games than I do watching TV. (which I fully believe).

;)

Yeah, totally, there must be alot of cod guys playing arma 2 right now, some of these people just move so fast, and here i am , going way slower than everyone, checking each corner and doorway and window.

I remember doing co-op on the old flashpoint running spec ops type missions, and we would just lay around in the dark with our binoculars, scoping out a town, counting the patrols, waiting for the right time to strike, and then with total coordination all members of the squad would fire on their targets at once, just like the real snipers took out all those somali pirates a couple months ago. Thats so cool when you have a good team to play with.

Dont let the smell get to ya...............

Guys going real fast are alot of BF2 players looking for the next BF2. They aren't finding it lol!

Also, there's alot of Steam-games players who followed the heavy advertising ArmA2 got on Steam. The CS players aren't liking it either.

Oh well, maybe a few of them will learn some elevated gameplay and stick around :D