Waiting for the A10 as much as I do?

Not really screenshots, but I thought I'd like to share these little photoshopped appetizers with you. Hope you like 'em.

A-10blue.jpg

A-10copy.jpg

Any feedback welcome!

• Like 3

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Thank you :)

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

The A-10C is next - AFAIK what comes after that is not set in stone, yet.

AH-64 AH-64 AH-64 AH-64! You think if I say it enough it will happen?

I hope so. GO AH-64!!! to get my fix I watched Firebirds the other day. So lame. But I need some cool Apache scenes to tie me over.

I love the screen shots of the A10. I wish I could do that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

161 Squadron

Australia's DCS Community

Don't ge me wrong, I'd really like to see that as well, but honestly, I doubt it. There's still much to do to make the two-seater work. You need to improve the AI and create a more sophisticated basement for communicating with the silicon-brain on the other seat.

I'd also guess that ED would like to get more of the heli-combat environment working, before they release the AH-64-module, like collideable and fire/radar-blocking vegetation, for example. Multiplayer has to undergo some major enhancements also if you want to man a helo with human pilot and gunner.

On the other hand, it may be a good idea to give us the AH-64 and then the Hind-Module, so there's a better option for head-to-head gameplay.

My guess is some fixed-wing will be next after the A-10C, but I guess we will get a somewhat better idea in 6 months or so ;)

Awesome pics man. The one with orange glow is my new background pic. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Awesome pics man. The one with orange glow is my new background pic. :D

Cool, I'm glad you guys like it!

@ PlainSight:

As slug88 wrote, the A-10 doesn't have Radar and the AH-64A doesn't have that either. And even if it would have, it won't make finding groundtargets much easier to find. Moving targets, okay, but the dangerous stationary and hidden anti-air-defenses won't easily show up on your active Radar until it's too late.

On the other hand, if you don't want to go slow and overcautious, what's wrong in flying with labels on? There are some nice mods, to make it look a bit nicer, like labels in HUD-color etc.

There are many ways to have fun with DCS and to play it the way you want it. Why not make use of it ;)

I was in love with this plane since i was a kid. I don't know but really i cant wait. I hope that ED release some info soon. ED tease us please...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

Heh connos, I think they've been thoroughly burned on teasing us when we beg for it - with the "when's the patch due" being the latest example. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I was so lucky that i learn about BS the day that became available. I had no idea that a game like this was under development or possible to exist, you know what i mean. But now with the A10 what to do man. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

Beautiful images. Love the sunset one. Background for sure! =D

Deffinately looking forward to the A-10, sure we had it in LoMaC, but there was a lot you couldn't do with it. This one is going to be totally realistic with a fully manipulatable (Totally just made up a new word!) cockpit. Hehehehe.

I think DCS is going to make me broke though, because I'm really wanting to get Rudder Pedals and a Saitek X52 for Black Shark. XD

Lead Admin/Founder of Kilo-Tango Gaming Community

I searched for more info, and it's very exciting. C variant has upgraded targeting pods, cockpit and other systems and this enables the A10 to deliver smart weapons. JDAM, woohoo! Watching in your MFD how the pod is beaming the target until it goes boom, priceless! It also features a datalink system, just like BS.

Edited by PlainSight
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A-10C ----------------- $16 million

Paveway 3 ------------ $500,000

watching it go boom from your C/P - priceless

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• ED Team
A-10C ----------------- $16 million

Paveway 3 ------------ $500,000

watching it go boom from your C/P - priceless

DCS: A-10C ----------------- $49.95:smilewink:

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

Cool, I'm glad you guys like it!

@ PlainSight:

As slug88 wrote, the A-10 doesn't have Radar and the AH-64A doesn't have that either. And even if it would have, it won't make finding groundtargets much easier to find. Moving targets, okay, but the dangerous stationary and hidden anti-air-defenses won't easily show up on your active Radar until it's too late.

They will, actually ... you just have to use a different type of processing to detect them (for example, spectrum backscatter analysis) and you might get more false positives.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

They will, actually ... you just have to use a different type of processing to detect them (for example, spectrum backscatter analysis) and you might get more false positives.

An active JSTARS and a HTS together with a bunch of AGM-88E (AARGM) will make your job even easier ;)