Win 7 ??

Hi all.

I installed it lockonfc Windows 7 onto build 7229. Did not start after setup .

I wrote to starforce. I received this answer:

Hello,

Starting the 17 of February, 2009 StarForce officially supports Windows 7 Beta 1. Applications protected with version 3.07.014 and earlier versions will not work on Windows 7. Therefore first of all please check your protection version according to the instruction here: http://www.star-force.com/support/users/windows7/

If your game was protected with older version then it will be impossible to launch it on Windows 7 operation system unless the game publisher releases a patch protected with some newer version of protection system. We cannot do such patch on our side since we have neither unprotected game files required for that, nor the legal rights to produce any game patches.

I'd like to play the lockon-fc on Windows 7. HOW??

Sorry for my english.. :(

Edited by CarlosFLY

I run a LockOn FC server on Win7 (my regular gaming rig uses Win XP). Besides the StarForce patch once you install Flaming Cliffs you need to tell it to run in "Compatibility Mode" (right click on its icon) for "Windows XP Service Pack 3" and also run as Administrator. If you don't run in Compatibilty Mode then you might get lots of graphics problems (I had them with my Nvidia GTX 8800 on my testbed machine).

I had problems with drivers for my Thrustmaster Cougar Hotas. The Vista driver works (after a bit of wrestling) but the programmable functions (the 'foxy' program) aren't supported. Other folks from 169 Sqn had issues with Win7 mostly related to sound drivers. In short, you can run LockOn FC but it depends a lot on your hardware drivers being available (Linux has much better hardware support than Win7 at the moment, lol).

I had problems with drivers for my Thrustmaster Cougar Hotas. The Vista driver works (after a bit of wrestling) but the programmable functions (the 'foxy' program) aren't supported....

I have the Vista 64bit drivers installed on W7, with the .exe modified to install in Vista Compatibility mode and Foxy runs just fine - I however assume that it would only satisfactorily work on 64 bit. Not sure about 32 though.....In any event, herewith link for the relevant Software if needed:

http://www.opendrivers.com/driver/240945/thrustmaster-hotas-cougar-joystick-driver-2007_hco_vista64-windows-vista-x64-free-download.html

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'