Setting up Teams in Mission Editor?

Hello,

I have a small mission (used for assisting me in training with my helicopter flying). I got bored one day and decided to "populate" my mission with other helicopters. My dad flys UH-60's IRL so I added a group of 3. The problem is they are showing up as enemies. I would like to add them to allies but when I use the mission briefing button to view the teams (RED/BLUE) I can't change them. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

hiya pfra,

yes you certainly can :)

Open the mission editor, and open the mission file.

Each object in the mission has it's own properties.....vehicle type, coalition (side) etc...

If you want to play together (ie. multiplayer) , then all of the Units you want to be human controlled must have these options:

- be in the same coalition (just choose "russia" for the black shark on red, or "turkey" for the blackshark on blue)

- must be set to type "client" ("player" is for single-player only, whereas "client" is for multiplayer)

Or,

If you just want AI heli's in single player then you must open the mission in the mission editor, add the additional KA50's, make sure they are set to the same country (probably "russia"), and make sure to set the type as "excellent" or "average" which controls the level of AI the pretend pilots have, then they must be in the same "group" as you ... assuming you want them to be wingmen, then they will follow you around, else you can set them independant waypoints in the editor.

then save the mission as SOMETHING ELSE .. ie don't over-write the existing mission, unles you want to loose it forever..

I have the feeling that pfrabott means something else. You have to put the nation which you use for the UH60s in the same coalition you are in, to have them as allies, thats clear. But once defined coalitions (Team Red=Russia, Team Blue= Rest of the World as it is default methinks) for one map cant be changed for an existing mission afaik. Hopefully that will be changed some day.

Maybe you can shift the nation you used for the UH-60s to the red (I guess you fly Red with your Ka-50) side by opening the missionfile in the notepad and tinker there around, but I personally found no way to change coalition members for exisiting files.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

I have the feeling that pfrabott means something else. You have to put the nation which you use for the UH60s in the same coalition you are in, to have them as allies, thats clear. But once defined coalitions (Team Red=Russia, Team Blue= Rest of the World as it is default methinks) for one map cant be changed for an existing mission afaik. Hopefully that will be changed some day.

Maybe you can shift the nation you used for the UH-60s to the red (I guess you fly Red with your Ka-50) side by opening the missionfile in the notepad and tinker there around, but I personally found no way to change coalition members for exisiting files.

SNAFU was correct. Thats what I was looking for. Luckily I didn't get very far and just created it from scratch. Really I'm making my own training/sandbox for me to use to get used to the flight model (I usually fly more airplanes/fighters then Helo's) which is much more.. sensitive then that of the helo's in Flight Simulator X. My biggest problem is not in the flying itself but in landing. Anyway, I got bored being by myself and wanted to populate the area around the airport with an F16 and a UH60. Gave them a TP package.

Thanks guys for your help.