F16 video fsx

diveplane

it's just a texture... so it sure looks great from up high and over hills and montains where there's no building etc, but when you come low it doesn't look that spectacular to me.

No longer active in DCS...

it's just a texture... so it sure looks great from up high and over hills and montains where there's no building etc, but when you come low it doesn't look that spectacular to me.

I agree with you, about it not looking good down low, but you have to admit its about as good as it gets right now. Down low buildings would suffer the same way they do in LOMAC or Falcon -- polys pasted onto flat textures.

Agreed, but I don't think anyone has ever got that excited about FSX's default tiles ;)

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well why can't they have 2 different sets of these textures like on LockOn, as you go high these tiles are just perfect and as you get lower the higher resolution underlay texture starts showing more and more making the squares not prominent. This is main reason why I feel terrain in LockOn is very natural looking even as you get right on the deck.

No longer active in DCS...

Well why can't they have 2 different sets of these textures like on LockOn, as you go high these tiles are just perfect and as you get lower the higher resolution underlay texture starts showing more and more making the squares not prominent. This is main reason why I feel terrain in LockOn is very natural looking even as you get right on the deck.

Good point, this is one thing that ED did very well.