Modman

barra733

Hi all, not sure where to post this so feel free to move it as required. I'm not a big user of user files and add ons but nearly all of the ones listed on this site say that ther are 'Modman' compatible.

Do I need it?

What does it do?

Where can I get it? (Is it free?).

I like the look of the 'worn' airfield textures by dragon and would love to install them...:smilewink:

you do need it

easily [un]install 3rd party addons

http://www.lockonfiles.com/index.php [yes it is]

you need to regester. It has loads of stuff.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

To go into a wee bit more detail, it's a free application made by a user (or several users, I forget) that handles the work of installing and uninstalling mods. To manually install mods would often require a good bit of editing various settings files, and as you install more of them this can become very difficult to keep track of. Modman basically does the tracking for you, assuring that there should be minimal risk of breaking your install.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

OK, I got Modman - More questions:

- Do I have to run the game from the Modman programme (Run game)?

- I seem to have ressurrected a long lost pilot who I thought had dissapeared after a game crash - any ideas? If I run the game using DCS Max I revert to my newest Pilot log...

- Do the mods still work if I run the game from DCS max?

Thanks again...

- Do I have to run the game from the Modman programme (Run game)?

- Do the mods still work if I run the game from DCS max?

No. You can just exit Modman and play with or without DCS Max. DCS Max doesn't affect mods installed by Modman so you are safe to use both.

I can't answer the middle question though. Someone else propably knows better.

Edited by Griffin

Sorry, More questions (and thanks for your answers):

- Modman said that with Vista the game wouldn't run properly from it's current location in 'program files' and that it should be moved. I did a quick cut and paste but now DCS Max doesn't seem to be working properly. I have to input the game path (C:EagleDynamics:KA50) evertime I want to launch the game from DCS max and I have no skins anymore. Core affinity doesn't seem to be playing either - I don't get the 'core affinity in XX secs' mesage anymore... Modman by itself is working fine!