Any way to disengage "Laser lens in-burning"

Hello

To make a long story short, I have problem with the "Runtime error", but I only get it when I try to repair the chopper, which I often do when the laser lens needs to be exchanged. So, is there any way to prevent the Laser lens from "agening", making it "live forever". I do not want to change anything else in the difficulty settings.

Intel Duo E8500 | 4 Gb RAM | HD4850 x 2 Crossfire | Vista Home

Damn, then I need to figure out the Runtime error... or figure out how I conserve the lens. Suggestions anyone?

Just turn the laser off when you're not in a combat situation. I've assigned the laser switch to a Macro key on my G15 keyboard for easy access.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just turn the laser off when you're not in a combat situation. I've assigned the laser switch to a Macro key on my G15 keyboard for easy access.

Even after judicious babying of the laser, mine crapped out towards the end of my last campaign mission (well after a re-arm and the firing of nearly all my vihkrs though).

Reality is all well and good in this siutation but when your wingman is brain dead and dies early, it's tough fighting the war on your own worrying about dodgy equipment about to burn out.

Even after judicious babying of the laser, mine crapped out towards the end of my last campaign mission (well after a re-arm and the firing of nearly all my vihkrs though).

Reality is all well and good in this siutation but when your wingman is brain dead and dies early, it's tough fighting the war on your own worrying about dodgy equipment about to burn out.

And add to this the fact that your game crashes EVERY TIME you repair, as soon as the new chopper is spawned, the picture freezes, you're thrown out of the game and you have to refly the mission because even if you are at 70%, the mission is "lost".

So yes, it is tough fighting indeed.

Intel Duo E8500 | 4 Gb RAM | HD4850 x 2 Crossfire | Vista Home

And add to this the fact that your game crashes EVERY TIME you repair, as soon as the new chopper is spawned, the picture freezes, you're thrown out of the game and you have to refly the mission because even if you are at 70%, the mission is "lost".

In all honesty my game has never crashed when I went to get my helicopter repaired. I have experienced the laser malfunction often enough but pussy-footing around with the laser has solved these issues. Not that what I do is ideal or anything, but I just only range when I need to deploy a weapon or need to get a position fix. I just slave the Shkval to the target, make sure I get a good fix, then activate laser, designate again, and I'm ready for deployment. Wingmen will engage my targets without me even lasing them, so that's fine too.

Anyway, it's just how I do things :)

-Z

[sigpic][/sigpic]

I aaaaaam ... a banana!

I have been trying to test this but I can never stick to it myself

There has to be a cooling time for the real KA-50 schval, I do not know what it is but I was trying to cool the laser for one minute, meaning do not used it for anything after firing . Also trying to follow the timer on the HUD to the second to see if this alleviates the laser getting damaged. The problems is that I have trouble sticking to this and I start firing at all the targets without cooling it. Maybe I can start being more patient to find out if this help prevent the laser not working. I do not know if it will work, but maybe we can give it a try?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I have been trying to test this but I can never stick to it myself

There has to be a cooling time for the real KA-50 schval, I do not know what it is but I was trying to cool the laser for one minute, meaning do not used it for anything after firing . Also trying to follow the timer on the HUD to the second to see if this alleviates the laser getting damaged. The problems is that I have trouble sticking to this and I start firing at all the targets without cooling it. Maybe I can start being more patient to find out if this help prevent the laser not working. I do not know if it will work, but maybe we can give it a try?

This may explain some things to you. It's a feature. It only works for a couple of times, then it dies.

-Z

[sigpic][/sigpic]

I aaaaaam ... a banana!

Whether it's a 'feature' or not, it affects "GAME" play, and let's not forget! this may well be asim, but it's still a GAME.

A simple 'fix' would be to add a check box to make the laser invulnerable. For those that wish to play hardcore, they can leave that checked off. For those of us that want to be able to land, refuel, re arm and rejoin the battle, we can check it on.

Why get so uptight about something that the customer base is telling you is affecting the quality and enjoyment of the game play?

• Like 1

Sorry, Dropbear, I did not realize we were being uptight about it, just commenting on how I plan to figure this feature out. I like this feature. Makes me have to manage my weapons systems. Why don't you fly with easy avionics? That should solve the problem and allow you to reload and fight as many times as you wish.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Sorry, Dropbear, I did not realize we were being uptight about it, just commenting on how I plan to figure this feature out. I like this feature. Makes me have to manage my weapons systems. Why don't you fly with easy avionics? That should solve the problem and allow you to reload and fight as many times as you wish.

lol. I don't want to fly with easy avionics. I want to simply have an option not to burn out the laser..

In reality, we're not fighting the entire war in our own helicopter either. SOME leeway needs to be given to make up for the fact a) we're in a game, and b) the intelligence of our AI friends are limited.

Even with judicious management of the later, the series limit means you will eventually, on long missions, break it.

yep, well, that kinda just means the long missions are outside of what the KA50 is capable of performing surely? ... realism is realism mate ...

And gaming is gaming ..

:) there's a balance.. (see previous comments about stupid AI / lack of real forward air controller etc etc etc)

Anyway, I really can't see why people are so hostile to a check box somewhere giving those that don't want a burned out laser freedom to play the want to. We're not talking thousands of hours of coding effort here.

Don't think they're hostile in the way that they actively oppose the addition of such a tick box in an option menu somewhere Dropbear. I just think they feel they'd never use the feature.

Personally, I've been annoyed at it a couple of times before, and indeed, in combination with a gamecrash when you get your bird repaired, I can imagine it's a pain. But for me, once I read what it was, I just planned around it. I know, useless advice in a way because in the end, even if you treat it like a baby, it'll still run out eventually, but I don't really mind much. Mainly because I'm lucky enough to get my birds repaired without my game going belly up on me :)

Don't think of it as hostility though, it's just a way of viewing things. An extra option wouldn't mind much if it leaves things the way it is for people who like it the way it is.

-Z

[sigpic][/sigpic]

I aaaaaam ... a banana!