DCS: Black Shark 1.0.1 Read Me

Wags

Patch Black Shark 1.0.1 Read Me Questions

Patch Black Shark 1.0.1 Read Me Questions:

I am wondering what happened to the bugs and problems, and why are they not addressed in the first patch?

1) Bug where if you minimime your screen near a large body of water, it will not maximize again without going out and coming back into the mission?

2) It looks like there were no mulitplayer code problems found and fixed... so maybe there were not any and it was our computers to blame? (example: port 10308 shows up wrong often..)

3)The Bomblets did little damage to troops/soldiers and thought that there was a problem with the bomblets.. so maybe they were meant to be that weak?

thanx..

:joystick:

more to follow..

feel free to add..

update:

btw,

when I posted this in it's own thread, the patch readme was a closed thread. That is why I created a new thread, also it was made, just after the patch release notes were released.. in case someone wonderd why it was not in this thread originally.

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* Fixed the crash when using ALT-TAB in a mission with ships.

umm, ok, the wording was different than the description most of us labled the problem as.. we just thought of the problem was with water, not ships..

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Well... to be honest im a little dissapointed.

The listed improvements to the ME are pretty limited and havent removed the labour intensive nature of making half decent missions. Theres been no attempt to improve ground ai behaviour (lets face it there is no ai behaviour unless the mission author goes to the extravagent lengths to manually 'script' it with thousands of triggers, even then many vital trigger logics are missing still ) Things like branching waypoints, waypoint actions, trigger rules such as group % alive, % dead, side % alive/dead, group sees enemy etc are all still missing and these are just the bare essentials to make the ME acceptable.

One can only hope the editor gets its own patch at some point, and soon, because it is the crux of sim content and replayability. And i won't even speak of the possibility of dynamic campaigns given the aenemic results of this patch.

Agree 100%. I cannot believe that we didn't get satellite view to place ground units!! More hours of trial and error placing units.

Although they have increased a few ACTIONS in ME, the changes/additions to the RULES is incredibly pathetic. There has been a huge list of additional RULES that ME's have asked for and I don't see any of them included in this patch.

Writing 24 pages of trigger rules to achieve something that could be done in 1 page with just a few simple rule additions would have been the way ahead. Unfortunately, I think ED have given up on the guys who are willing to create reastic and dynamic missions that ultimately 'make' the sim in my opinion.

That said, good job on fixing the bugs and curing a few annoying problems for some. Huge shame on the ME though.

• Like 2

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

We, at the 74th, were hoping that multiplayer briefing (pictures and text) would be fixed/expanded and that multiplayer debriefing would become available. Just so we know what killed us. ;)

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

For the 2 above posters:

Both the graphics engine AND the mission editor *WILL* recieve updates as DCS expands. But you simply can't expect to have it all for each release.

Don't doubt that it will and with any development in a series if it didn't then I would be concerned.

Our point is that although a lot of time and effort went into the patch, very little was done with the Mission Editor and to be honest, the changes that were made were a little surprising. The time spent making those changes could have been spent making changes that matter i.e. those changes the community asked for.

e.g The OR condition, ability to place conditions on REDFOR or BLUEFOR, GROUP in zone, GROUP outside zone, are but a few.

The BASIC programming language had IF a OR b THEN x ELSE y . Why is this structure so hard to implement in DCS at release or in this patch? Programming in the current ME is like programming in Z80 machine code - horrendous ... sorry but true, especially if you want to write something realistic.

Edited by Druid_

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Nah, not for the patch, but for the next released "A10C", re-read my post.
For the A-10C, some of the items you listed will indeed be further developed - hopefully.

For the patch, i would expect at least some work on ground AI behavior.
There has been some, as described in the Readme. Deeper ground AI development is slated for the next release and beyond - hopefully.

I cannot believe that we didn't get satellite view to place ground units!!
It was stated many times that this is not a patchable issue. For example, I will quote myself from here:

Not a patchable issue. This is a new ME coded from the buttom up with a new map system that is currently separate from the in-game map. ED is very keen on implementing a satellite view along with other improvements to the ME, but not in the patch.

Don't doubt that it will and with any development in a series if it didn't then I would be concerned.

Our point is that although a lot of time and effort went into the patch, very little was done with the Mission Editor and to be honest, the changes that were made were a little surprising. The time spent making those changes could have been spent making changes that matter i.e. those changes the community asked for.

If only programming features was as easy as asking for them...

Programming in the current ME is like programming in Z80 machine code - horrendous ... sorry but true, especially if you want to write something realistic.
Here I agree and also find the ME cumbersome. Perhaps I just have the advantage of understanding what is and is not likely to happen in a patch. :)
Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

For the 2 above posters:

Both the graphics engine AND the mission editor *WILL* recieve updates as DCS expands. But you simply can't expect to have it all for each release.

you're totally right. I dont expect to have it all.

I would quite happily trade the ability to land my KA50 on a train for a better and more functional mission editor.

Uh, no.

lockon engine is an updated engine of Flanker2

Dcs black shark is an updated engine of lockon

Dcs a10c is an updated engine of Dcs black shark

Then Dcs a10c is an re-re-re-updated engine of Flanker2 :)

No ?

well, i'd like to see that new engine improvements give me more fps ;)

If you want an FPS, then play ArmA or COD, depending on your tastes... otherwise, I would prefer DCS not turn into a FPS (until we have a decent selection of flyables... and then implement ground vehicles and ships, then my life will be complete....):smartass:

Current Sims:

DCS Black Shark, Falcon 4.0, X-Plane 9, Steel Beasts Pro PE, IL-2 1946, ArmA 2, FSX, Rise of Flight, EECH, Harpoon 3 ANW, CSP

If you want an FPS, then play ArmA or COD, depending on your tastes... otherwise, I would prefer DCS not turn into a FPS (until we have a decent selection of flyables... and then implement ground vehicles and ships, then my life will be complete....):smartass:

no, you totally misunderstand my words

fps here means Frame per Second:P

RTX 3070