DCS: Black Shark 1.0.1 Read Me

Wags

• ED Team
When I run the patch it bombs out with the following error

"Black Shark is not found. reinstall application"

Which is somewhat weird as Black Shark is installed and works!

OS is Windows XP Home.

Any ideas?

Please check game path in registry: [HKEY_LCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eagle Dynamics\BlackShark]

"Path"=<your path to game root> for example: d:\\Ka-50

If not - create this parameter. If no helps - reinstall game.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
I see the above in the readme, but where are they in the trigger list? I see something called and "illuminating bomb" which must be the illumination flare, but where is the "smoke marker"? Bug? Bad install?:helpsmilie:
Please scroll down Action list. It's very simple operation in one mouse click :)

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

And what? Can you see them using Explorer or any file manager?

Not necessary, you have these files in <%GAME_DIR%>\Config\Input\Aircrafts\ka-50\joystick\ (..\keyboard etc.) - as default.lua fiules.

Thanks! I actually realised my aircrafts/ka-50/keyboard/keyboards.lua was missing after the patch.

Edited by Kenan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

I see the above in the readme, but where are they in the trigger list? I see something called and "illuminating bomb" which must be the illumination flare, but where is the "smoke marker"? Bug? Bad install?:helpsmilie:

Is this what you're after?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=731576&postcount=8

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Please check game path in registry: [HKEY_LCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eagle Dynamics\BlackShark]

Thanks for the pointer!

I had another PC at home with Black Shark installed so exported the registry key from that then imported to the registry of the offending PC and it worked. Key file below:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eagle Dynamics]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eagle Dynamics\BlackShark]

"Installer Language"="1033"

"Version"=dword:00010001

"InstallType"=dword:00000000

"InstallLang"=dword:00000000

"Path"="C:\\Program Files\\Eagle Dynamics\\Ka-50"

Rig: MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk| AMD 5600 | 32 GB DDR3 | M2 NVME Gen4 1TB SSD | Samsung EVo 850 2TB, 500 & 256 GB SSD | Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 24" (1920x1200) |

2 x Iiyama 22" T2250MTS touch screen (1920x1080) | 2 x 6.4" LCD | Cougar MFDs | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Pro Pedals | Windows 10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If the registry key wasn't found by the installer, couldn't you just have us point the installer to the Ka-50 folder?

Giving an error to reinstall the game when all that's needed is a simple registry key seems excessive.

This happened to me aswell.

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

• 2 weeks later...

Update Patch re: Electronic Game Download/Install

I just recently purchased DCS: Black Shark from D2D (electronic game download).

I have installed it and have been playing around in the game/sim (not sure which to call it .. it is a great sim .. and fun game).

Anyway, generally any games downloaded from D2D must be Patched or Updated from the D2D website with Patches that are specifically created for the Electronically Downloaded games.

On the other hand, usually when you purchase a game from there, it is already Patched to the most recent version. And yet it appears Patch 1.01 has been around for a while and my game says v. 1.0 on the BS Splash Screen (when the game loads).

So I am hopeful someone can tell me whether may v1.0 is the same as the v.1.01 and/or how might I know ?

Furthermore, has anyone else purchased the game online and successfully used the Update Patch. ??

Thanks in Advance. :pilotfly:

SnowTiger:joystick:

So I am hopeful someone can tell me whether may v1.0 is the same as the v.1.01 and/or how might I know ?

Two versions are not the same, ie Unpatched (1.0) vs Patched (1.01/a).

To Confirm, start up Singleplayer and navigate to Options/Gameplay Menu. Bottom right of the screen should list Trimmer Option as per the following Pic:

Scr_09-08-31_00-28-32.jpg

Above Trimmer Option only present in 1.01/a

As for the rest of your queries - Unfortunately cannot help you there. Stay tuned however - I'm sure someone will set you straight :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Hi nemesis, thanks for your reply and help. I discovered the falut was all mine as i had installed the wrong patch and a simple correct patch seems to have worked for me! It was obvious really but my brain took a while to catch up! Thanks agin,

drummer

When working with the radio stations, do you still have to delete the samples duration .lua? I've edited the beacons.lua to include a new radio station which is basically the same as radiomayak except for the name lat/long position and altitude. It should play the same music from the same folder. However, once in-game, the new tower is not there and I get no music when switching to the freq I set (1050000.0). I've attached a copy of my beacons.lua. Could someone in the know go over it and help me out?

Beacons.zip

Sorry for the slow reply but I wish to thank "159th_Viper" for the reply including the image which was very helpful in determining that in fact, the Electronic Purchased Version of BS is NOT pre-patched to v.1.01

I guess I am going to have to get after D2D to hurry up and demand a patch.

Unless of course, some else who also has an electronic download version (EDV) of this game can tell me that they used this new patch with success ?

But I know from past experience, that these patches often either don't work on EDV's and/or cause significant problems.

Besides, I'd rather learn to fly the BS having ALL of the features that those with patched versions have to work with.

Thanks again to 159th_Viper

Hi,

I have the D2D version of BS and I have used the standard download of the 1.01a patch from ED and it runs fine.

Cheers,

Pogo

Intel I7 920 Std Clock - 6GB DDR3 RAM - 2 x GTX260 SLI - 10K 130GB Velociraptor Drive - Vista 64Bit - Saitek X52 Pro Hotas - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - TrackIR 5

Thanks for that confirmation guys.

That is EXCELLENT NEWS, especially since D2D/IGN either aren't aware of any patch or simply don't have it.

I recently asked if they new how long it will be before they have the patch .... no reply yet.

Thanks again folks. You just made my day.

Hope to see you in the fiery skies soon.