How well would DCS Black Shark perform on my PC perform

Hello all,

This is my first post on this forum and i am going to be purchasing DCS Black Shark off amazon very soon. But i just want to know if i would be able to play the game on my PC. Also once i have got the game is there anything that i should download that can improve the game( like patches or mods).

These are my PC details:

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Edition 32bit

CPU: Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

RAM: 2GB

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT

Tell me if you need more of my PC details.

56RAF_Coventry:)

It worked pretty well with a few minor things lowered or turned off on my:

Core 2 Q6600 @ 2.40

2GB RAM

Nvidia 8800GT

XP Pro.

Works much better since I got an extra 2 GB of RAM to bring it up to 4GB though...

PLus I understand it will utilse your 2 cores much better in Vista (yuk ;) ) anyway.

Win 10pro x64 | i5 2500 | 16GB RAM | GTX1060 6GB | Logitech G940 | Tir5 + TC

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do a search for DCS Max on the forum and download it. It sets the affinity for your CPU, big boost in performance especially with Vista.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

BlackShark is very CPU dependend, so with the C2D6600 I was doing quite well. Depending on the mission (esp. weather, objects, details, etc) it also uses the graphics-card quite good, though. This is especially true on higher resolutions.

With 1280x1024 I guess you can play quite good, maybe with texture-resolution and renderdistance tuned down, but that's no biggie, as you fly low anyway and your viewdistance usually is limited by the terrain.

If you want to play at higher resolutions I recommend thinking about a faster graphics-card and a memory upgrade to 4GB, depending on the motherboard you use (e.g. if you now have 2x1GB on a dual channel board, exchange it for 2x2GB instead of adding just 2 more 1GB-sticks. You'd lose more performance than you gain then, as the dual-channel only works with 2 RAM-sticks)

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Feuerfalke, you say i should play the game at 1280x1024 but i the max my monitor can go is 1440x900 if i put it on this resolution how much will my game performance drop? and do you recommend that should download that DCS Max since i have Vista?

56RAF_coventry:)