Quick start-up question

Ovenmit

THe first thing it says in the manual when starting up is to turn on Battery 1 and Battery 2...

now in all the vids I've seen and even the Developer videos on my DVD no one turns those 2 switches on... so, should I or shouldn't I?!?

I do... and don't notice any problems.

Win 10pro x64 | i5 2500 | 16GB RAM | GTX1060 6GB | Logitech G940 | Tir5 + TC

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You need at least one battery or ground electric power (GEP) to initiate the start up. Two batteries are used as a redundant system (at least in the airplanes I have flown). If GEP is on (and it is by default), you can start the helo without the batteries and even fly as the generators are now powering the helo (when engines are running). So, in hope as I don't confuse you, yes, just turn on both battery switches :)

• Like 1

A somewhat related question on generators and battery switches that might complement this: am I correct in assuming that those switches are basically hardwires in the sense that if I have them off but the generators on, the batteries will not be charging?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

...if I have them off but the generators on, the batteries will not be charging?

They'd most likely still be charging with the generator switches on only, because the circuits are most likely completely separate... I presume?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.