Any Recommended stick for a left handed user?

Here are a few ambidextrous sticks. Out of the 3 I would recommend CH hands down as it will probably last you forever. They make hella tough joysticks.

CH Products Flightstick Pro (kinda looks like the KA-50 Cyclic and the one I am using to build my simpit)

http://www.chproducts.com/retail/j_flight_pro.html

Logitech Attack 3 (own one, not a bad joystick but not great)

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/joysticks/devices/302&cl=ca,en

Saitek Cyborg Evo (very nice feeling stick but cheaply made)

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/evo.htm

Thanks for the prompt reply Schwinn. I was looking at the CH Pro earlier today. It looks like the front runner for me.

You're very welcome. In my opinion you can't go wrong with any CH Products gear...they build the stuff to last.

You may want to check this out:

http://snomhf.exofire.net/leftyHOTAS.html

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

I think the Saitek Aviator is well suited for lefties as well and is a much cheaper solution than other options.

lol not sure how I missed it. I still think the CH Products are a far superior joystick tho quality wise =)

Thrustmaster T-16000M

Update!

Thanks to all for the input. I did initially prefer the CH Pro (or Combat stick) but I was put off by the lack of rudder control (as yet I do not have pedals). I did try flying BS with my existing stick using the keyboard for rudder control but with not much sucess.

Anyway, in short, I have ordered a Thrustmaster T-16000M. This stick is pretty new so I am taking a bit of a gamble but it does boast a new type of fine sensor control. I will post another update when I have tried it out.

Have you tried learning to control with both of your hands? When I was a kid, I was playing joysticks with left hand only, switching to right hand took some practice, but now I have full feeling in both hands. However I am double handed since beginning, so it may not apply to you. Though if you look inside cockpits of many aircrafts, f.e. Airbus or Cirrus, you have side sticks - and it depends where you are sitting. It is pilots job to get used to the controls, not the other way. I am just trying to encourage you to get HOTAS and just practice - I promise the good results, and the "correct feeling of it" will come quickly - our brains are amazing, and can adapt swiftly.

Edited by Shaman

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

It's true shamandgg I would also like to go fo a HOTAS system (in the future). This interim purchase is more about being able to fly Black Shark. I have not touched flight SIM for about 10 years but Black Shark is so good I have to return to the flight SIM world.

So since you haven't been flying at all for so long, I believe it is even better to start now getting used to the feeling of full HOTAS setup :)

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Thrustmaster T-16000M

The Thrustmaster T-16000M has arrived and first impressions are very positive. Good solid construction very precise response to movements. The stick is easily converted for LH use and my BS flying performance is much better already . This stick will do me until I can set myself up with a HOTAS. Thanks to all for the help and advice.