A-10 gun question

jpm1

i have two question concerning the A-10 .

does the A-10 nowadays fire only DU rounds or does it exist a version with normal bullets . and the second question did the A-10 always fired DU rounds . i played Fighter bomber in the 80's and never had heard of DU at that time ..

Note : i'm not not talking if DU are good or bad here just asking for some precisions

There's combat mix which has API and HEI - I think 1 API for every 4 HEI. API are, IIRC, the DU rounds. The HEI are like grenades.

It is possible that in an anti-armor role they'd load up exclusively with DU/API, but I haven't heard of that happening lately.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

...The HEI are like grenades...

I am really looking forward to the Hog - Nothing quite like lobbing Grenades at 1000m/s :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Lots of DU article lately.

I not sure if they even use DU anymore.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

There's combat mix which has API and HEI - I think 1 API for every 4 HEI. API are, IIRC, the DU rounds. The HEI are like grenades.

It is possible that in an anti-armor role they'd load up exclusively with DU/API, but I haven't heard of that happening lately.

thanks

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=605927&postcount=430

API does not necessarily mean DU round. DU round, AFAIK, are just a type but not all API is made of DU.

I have been around A-10 in several bases, (Osan, Aviano, Quatar) never work on them but USAF is force to train me on any HAZMAT or danger by AFOSH standards and I have never received any training for DU avoidance nor awareness (not that I remember). I do not think they have used DU since the first Gulf War. (corrected, Thank you pilotasso :doh:)

I'm not an expert, nor could I tell you whether the USAF or any other service (US, or any country) use DU or not. I do not work on the A-10 nor do I handle A-10 ammunition, so they could very well carry it, I 'm simply stating I do not believe they use it or carry it.

From what know, I think the use the Mixture GG stated, but not sure if they use DU.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• 2 weeks later...
I do not think they have used DU since the first Golf War.

Dang, violent sports heh? Ill never set foot at a golf course again! :D ;)

• Like 2

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals