Atikmdag has stopped responding and has successfully recovered problem

hi all,

Today i got DCS black shark and i have been playing it with high settings and during gameplay my monitor screen went black and returned to the destop and a message appeared saying "display driver Atikmdag has stopped responding and has successfully recovered" This made the game crash and have to start the game again. This message has appeared before when i was playing IL2 Sturmovik 1946 with the highest settings. I got rid of the problem by putting the water effects on the game down to excellant from perfect. But i have recently put it up to perfect and the problem did not continue on IL2 Sturmovik 1946.

I maxed out the settings on DCS black shark to see how well it would perform and i got a good frame rate so i kept the settings at the max and during a few hours of play the monitor screen went blank and took me to the desktop and gave me the Atikmdag error message. I have searched around on google and found out that alot of people with Ati cards get this problem while playing games. I would like to know if anyone has got a fix for the problem or i will have to lower my settings to see if this problem will go away.

I have a ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT grpahics card, Vista 32bit Home Edition, Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz and 2GB of RAM. I also found out that the problem is mostly on Vista so anyone else with Vista and ATi cards get this problem?

56RAF_coventry:)

would be best in here > http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=91 < problems and bugs

it will be moved there and there is more info that part of the forum.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Anything that just "seems to happen after playing for a few hours" is likely related to heat. Unless you can think of some other trigger (like it happens when you approach a target or happens when you press a button) bet you'll find your box is a bit toasty.

2600K @ 4.2GHz, MSI P67A-GD55, 16GB G.Skill @2133 , GTX 970, Rift, SSD boot & DCS drive

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]