PLAYEXPERT, Has anyone tried this?

mvsgas

I ran into this link while looking through LockOnFiles:

http://www.playxpert.com/web/guest/home

Has anyone tried this program?

It looks like TS/Ventrilo and other stuff roll into one.

It claims to help prevent having to alt-tab out of the game, I think we all had to do that before just to loose graphics and be force to reset a mission.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

It looks like the program renders an overlay for the programs, so you can control them ingame with shortcuts and stuff. It needs register and communicates a lot via internet, even for installation, though.

I'll stick with TeamSpeak-Overlay and VoiceOverlay for my communication needs.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Well I went ahead and tried it yesterday. It requires you to log into the system and create an account. It uses about 100mb to operate (depending on the widget you have install). I did not notice big performance drops in FSX nor in ArmA 2 but I did not test it. Just went in single player and flew around in both games. Nothing really impressive or different besides that when I look through their forums, it seems to be very open, so anyone could create widgets for it as far as I can tell. Right now their is several people looking into web-radio/stream radio widgets. I tried the TS widget and the Diagnostic. The diagnostic has some cool features, like: You can see how much HDD is being used or how much RAM, CPU load or how much you are using each core. You can also kill processes within the game. This widget would have been very useful if it displayed temperatures(GPU and CPU), but it does not. They have a widget called arcade, you can use to turn on any .exe . The TS widget is like TS overlay or same idea.

AFAIK it can not be used with 64 bit programs nether, but they are currently looking for beta testers for the 64 bit version, do not know much about it tho.

At any rate, it look like a new idea/product with a lot of potential. The best part is that is open to anyone so who know what we might see.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• 1 month later...

There is the TeamSpeak Overlay that Smil mentioned, but I'm sure there are others. TSDisp comes to mind but not sure about whether it is any good. Probably not =D

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll