TrackIR 5 + Saitek Cyborg X = BSOD

Dr. Mitsos

I just bought my TrackIR 5 & my new joystick Saitek Cyborg X, plugged them in, installed them, and after some time when i play games - simulators (IL-2 1946, Lock on FC 1.12b, DCS: BS) with both activated after some time blue screen of death appears and my pc reboots... Any ideas ? I suppose there must be some conflict between them. I tried to change my USB, unistall and then reinstaill my drivers but the problem exists... I even formated my pc... (tried both versions for TrackIR 5, 5.04 beta & 4 final). Below are my pc specs:

Processor: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) Memory: 2046MB RAM

Hard Drive: 1 TB Total

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

Monitor: LG 22''

Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3

Motherboard: GIAGABYTE P35T-DS3P

PLEASE I DESPERATELY NEED HELP !!!:helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Parachutes are like minds.. They work better when they are open..

1. Do you think you can add a DxDiag report too? It lists up all of your devices and other partners in crime :)

2. Have you tried flying without TrackIr?

Just a sidenote - is it possible to use one of the stable v.4.x softwares to run TIR 5 maybe? Not sure.

• Like 1

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

1. Do you think you can add a DxDiag report too? It lists up all of your devices and other partners in crime :)

2. Have you tried flying without TrackIr?

Just a sidenote - is it possible to use one of the stable v.4.x softwares to run TIR 5 maybe? Not sure.

1. Here it is (down below)... Everything seems fine

2. Tried to fly without TrackIr everything was normal (cant use simutaneously both TIR 5 & joystick). V4 software supports TIR 5 although i tried... same stuff...

Please i really need help...

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Dr. Mitsos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hm, nothing obvious in the DxDiag there.

Additional question(s) / tests:

1. Any USB hubs? If so, can you disconnect them and other devices connected to the USB's? (There's an USB audio device there? Try without it as well).

2. Saitek profiler software? Have you tried without it?

3. Other (superflous equiment for DCS) that you can disconnect?

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Hm, nothing obvious in the DxDiag there.

Additional question(s) / tests:

1. Any USB hubs? If so, can you disconnect them and other devices connected to the USB's? (There's an USB audio device there? Try without it as well).

2. Saitek profiler software? Have you tried without it?

3. Other (superflous equiment for DCS) that you can disconnect?

1. No hubs (this is my headset)

2. Not yet, will try and inform...

3. Nothing else...

Thanks for the help!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hm, running out of ideas here.

But to be coldhearted an analytical - a bluescreen is quite serious.

It also means that one of the drivers with KERNEL access was having a problem.

This most likely mean either graphics or one of the chipset / bus drivers.

Most likely candidate is the chipset / bus drivers of course - unless you have a bluescreen picture that gives us other kind of information.

Hint: the STOP 0000000<somenumbers> may give us a bit more data.

Also if there's other data on the screen as well.

Just may ...

Further on - if you are to experiment finding a workaround it must involve the things attached to the drivers that causes the bluescreen.

This is what I would have done next if it was my machine.

Introduce changes to the following:

- You may try some new chipset drivers.

- You may try adding stuff to the USB chain (not that I've esperienced that it will actually solve anything by Adding devices).

- Removing any builtin devices and replacing them with other (external) devices (audio for example).

Now if I was desperate enough I'd throw the old motherboard out the window and get a new one - or replace the joystick with another.

But I mean, you should be desperate before doing that, and not be the kind of guy who doesnt worry about money or time spent doing it ;)

Hm, running out of ideas here.

But to be coldhearted an analytical - a bluescreen is quite serious.

It also means that one of the drivers with KERNEL access was having a problem.

This most likely mean either graphics or one of the chipset / bus drivers.

Most likely candidate is the chipset / bus drivers of course - unless you have a bluescreen picture that gives us other kind of information.

Hint: the STOP 0000000<somenumbers> may give us a bit more data.

Also if there's other data on the screen as well.

Just may ...

Further on - if you are to experiment finding a workaround it must involve the things attached to the drivers that causes the bluescreen.

This is what I would have done next if it was my machine.

Introduce changes to the following:

- You may try some new chipset drivers.

- You may try adding stuff to the USB chain (not that I've esperienced that it will actually solve anything by Adding devices).

- Removing any builtin devices and replacing them with other (external) devices (audio for example).

Now if I was desperate enough I'd throw the old motherboard out the window and get a new one - or replace the joystick with another.

But I mean, you should be desperate before doing that, and not be the kind of guy who doesnt worry about money or time spent doing it ;)

Found my problem (i think... not sure yet - 2 hours of continuous play & no BSOD). There is a conflict between TrackIR 5 & SST (SAITEK profiler) as other people reported it to me... So i uninstalled it and everything works fine!!!:smilewink:

Saitek MUST update its software !!!:mad:

Thanx for the help Panzertard. +++REP:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]