FSX THREAD

diveplane

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

REX 2 doesnt really effect performance, if you configure it right to suit your rig,

which is really easy to do, its done on setup, you get 3 main options one for low end pcs another for duo core and another for quad. not to mention you can adjust settings to suit also ie DX10 optimised clouds waves etc..

since i got hold of rex i dont fly FSX without it, i think it be a sin not to :smilewink:

Greearg, I hate flying the EH101. Impossible to hover, impossible to land properly, impossible to taxi.

The Ka-50 is a saint in comparison, like you said.

Anybody have the Ka-50 from AlphaSim? P=

Valery: What Aircraft Carrier is that? Those are some damn good models. IMO Abacus' sucks!

Edited by TKMR

Lead Admin/Founder of Kilo-Tango Gaming Community

Greearg, I hate flying the EH101. Impossible to hover, impossible to land properly, impossible to taxi.

The Ka-50 is a saint in comparison, like you said.

Anybody have the Ka-50 from AlphaSim? P=

Valery: What Aircraft Carrier is that? Those are some damn good models. IMO Abacus' sucks!

tried lookiong in the download section at Lockonfiles.. theirs a section for FSX.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• 5 weeks later...

I'm thinking about buying FSX.

At the moment I wonder which of the million addons are must haves.

Like in DCS for example you get the LoReload terrain Mod which makes the whole terrain look better, or the Sharkpit also must have.

I want to fly aircraft as realistic as it can be, that means no arcade flying, I've seen video of Ka50 in FSX doing crazy rolls and spins which looked like completely ignoring physical laws know what I mean. I heard the quality of the planes differs a lot between the hundreds of planes and choppers.

What do you recommend ?

And can I use my MSFFB2 to fly Ms X ? Or is it only fun with a Yoke ?

greetz Migo

Edited by Migo

iam pritty sure yuill be ok with your MSFFB2, i use my x52 with no problems.

as to make FSX look damm real i would recommend REX "real enviroment extreme", ORBIX have some realy cool ground textures.

as for aircraft some freeware ar just as good if not better then payware(get aircraft that ar not updates from fs2004 etc, they work just fine but ar prone to be little buggy).

freeware i recommend ar F-86E/F Sabre by Section8

the latest F-14 from Dino Cattaneo and his Goshawk T45 which i cant seem to leave alone

for payware A2A P-47 razorback, Real Airs spitfire, Flight ones PC-12 pilatus,Aerosofts F16

You maybe know some nice scenerys ? I'm thinking about Ftx Australia together with the high res airports, but will be really expensive for me, I ain't got that much money at the moment... if someone knows a shop where you get Fsx Addons cheap plz tell me.

I appreciate what the guys are doing but 39$ for one airport ? That's the money for the whole Sim...

Their whole Australia costs 150$ and all their Australian airports are additional 300$, what's that ?

Edited by Migo

You can download FTX Tasmania for free from their site, that should give you an idea if you want to buy the rest of Australia. Also, they are coming out with NorthAmerica soon.

Airplanes: A2A's P47 with Accusim expansion [payware] ultra realistic!!

Lotus Sim's L39 Albatros jet trainer [payware] also realistic!

Dino's F-14 [freeware] pretty good, goes well with the freeware AI Carriers.

Helicopters: Dodosim's Bell 206B [payware] best helicopter flight dynamics ever made!! (yes, that includes the BlackShark.) ...soon they will be releasing their Huey.

There are also many airports and sceneries you can find for free... I recommend looking here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forumdisplay.php?f=44

and here: http://fullterrain.com/freeware.html

and here!: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?app=downloads&

EDIT: Oh yeah, the MSFFB2 works fine in FSX, even with Vista, but there is one small glitch: If you feedback is not working properly at any time, you must go into option and turn it off, enter the sim again, then go to options and turn it on again...not sure why it does this or why that works, but I have to do it sometimes.

Edited by crazysundog

The A2A + AccuSim P-47 is a must have. The systems modelling is just phenomenal. You really have to manage it properly.

Have a look at the review we did of it at http://www.lockonfiles.com

It'll set you back $65... For the P-47 and AccuSim, but it's worth it. It has the same level of frustration that you can find with BlackShark if you don't treat it properly and respect it.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

xD damn

Edit: Got my FSX copy, spent some hours tweaking and got nice visuals and good performance now.

That piper cup is pretty fun to fly as a noob :)

Trying some more Tutorials tomorrow.

Edited by Migo

Im trying to master Dodosims Bell 206 Jetranger and damn its not as easy as the Shark. I need constant inputs from the cyclic and collective, even startup is more difficult even though not as much buttons to press. This is really testing my skills as a heli pilot. I wish the Bell 206 had a trim so I could trim it in the right position but there is no time for a relaxing flight here :P

Go Ugly Early