FSX THREAD

diveplane

ok found a great server to join as well, when am not hosting i end up in here.

details

within FSX multiplayer powered by gamespy.......Lobby =freeflight

Session Name =HippyHappy Germany

Players= 70

Weather = real world location weather updates.

mainly german Intl Airports = eg Munich Franfurt Intl

This sever has automated ATC which is very good.

to contact atc in this server you need to bring up fsx text chat box and enter commands.

first select ramp starts not runway starts or you will be removed by host. its the rules there.

CONTACT ATC

when started at ramp in server and you have unpaused the sim to start.

hit enter

this will bring up fsx chat menu , this will allow you to chat to atc ifr plans

create jobs etc.

watch for correct tunning of nav and comm radios ..

some of the commands here

!atc!taxi ...when ready to taxi to active runway

!atc!land .. ready to land

!repeat ..ask ATC to repeat last call out.

!jobs .. atc will assign you a job to fly to , youll get rewarded points more jobs you do.

remember to take note of your tail number, as atc will call you on that tail code. when they contact you.

mine is 9V-SPP .. Boeing 747-400 default model

more commands ..there

this is the basics to get started there... see yous in the server .

Edited by diveplane

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can i fire missiles in fsx (i have 'em on plane's pilons)?

Что нужно для созидания?

Вечность.

Что нужно для разрушения?

Миг.

Жизнь слишком коротка, чтобы стать лучше.

Жизнь слишком длинна, чтобы не стать хуже.

Ю Бо (С)

Oh, i know that fsx is not combat sim.

But i have planes with rockets and bombs on 'em pilons. But i do not know how to fire 'em.

P.S. May be you know some hot keys. Sorry for my english, i'm russian speaking.

Что нужно для созидания?

Вечность.

Что нужно для разрушения?

Миг.

Жизнь слишком коротка, чтобы стать лучше.

Жизнь слишком длинна, чтобы не стать хуже.

Ю Бо (С)

Half the swithes in the iris f16 don't click for me...can't switch maste arm on. Grr
If I remember correctly, you have to make a custom mission and add a couple of lines of code in a .txt file for that mission for it to work. I think it is descibed in the manual.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I have a problem that I could use some help with.

I have been scouring the internet trying to find a solution, but so far I have had no luck so I thought I would try here.

I recently installed MyTraffic2010, and im pretty happy with it, except that i have noticed that the AI traffic nav/strobe lights dont seem to be working, or working properly. They dont seem to give off any light. its more like a static red light on the wingtip that proves useless for identifying other traffic because you cant see the lights until you can see the whole damn airplane anyway.

I cant see any AI aircraft nav/strobe lights.

Anyone Know how I can make those lights brighter?

I have 3d lights redux as well, but i dont know how to add that to all the aircraft in mytraffic,(the documentation is horrible) or if that would even work if i knew how, so i at this point i dont even know if i want to bother down that avenue.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Here I was thinking that I finally got all the addons i could possibly want for a while..............its always gotta be something doesnt it.........

I could always see AI traffic lights easily with default traffic, now that I have mytraffic 2010 I cant see the lights.

I do see landing lights, and tail lights, just no strobe or nav.

Dont let the smell get to ya...............

I have this weird problem that once my aircraft is on the ground the lights get squares around them with an 'X' in them from the 'Flight Simulator X' logo.

It dissapears again when I start flying again and the game comes into 'air mode' and the lighting is all good again....

Does anyone know how to get rid of this anomaly?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

I have this weird problem that once my aircraft is on the ground the lights get squares around them with an 'X' in them from the 'Flight Simulator X' logo.

It dissapears again when I start flying again and the game comes into 'air mode' and the lighting is all good again....

Does anyone know how to get rid of this anomaly?

what x? thats light bloom effect .

No its not Bloom. Bloom makes a nice glow effect around bright objects.

The halo of my lights become all squares with the FSX logo in them, but only when on the ground. . .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

best program on the net is just flight traffic x

i tried the one you meantioned ,also for the same reason i never purchased it, no ai lighting.

traffic x even has night lighting tail logos .

best one around imo.

Thanks Diveplane, at least I know its not just me.

What a bummer though, I thoroughly researched before buying, and I decided on mytraffic 2010 because it said it was the easiest one to use......

I cant believe not one single reviewer that I read mentioned the light problem. Thats a pretty huge problem for a traffic program if you ask me......

And on top of that........I cant find anything anywhere about others discussing that they too are encountering the same problem. Seems Odd.....

Do you have a link to any information regarding this issue?

Anyway I think ill just spring for trafficx. I just want my traffic and everything all set, so I can just enjoy flying for a while without thinking about how im missing this, or i want to add that......

My hdd is about completely full now anyway thanks to all the wonderful FSX Addons ive discovered. Trafficx looks like it only takes up 3.0 gigs hdd space compared to the approximate 10 that MT2010 is using.

Before I go ahead and get it, would you mind commenting on how easy trafficx is to set up and get running?

Is it fairly automated, or do I have to actually plan all flights for the whole dang world and what not? I really want something I can just install, and start enjoying right away. Maybe later on ill be more interested in customizing settings...........but right now I really just want to fill up my airports and sky with aircraft, with little to no effort. Any comments or insight you have on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

BTW I never even saw just flight trafficx come up in a search while I researched FSX traffic products, I dont know if that speaks for my poor internet searching skills or what, but now that im reading about it on the just flight site, it sounds fantastic.

I like that they have that traffic viewer and stuff like the follow me car, and that guy with binoculars (spotty). This looks like a very fun addon, and had I known about it first, it definitely would have been my first choice.

I feel like such an idiot now.........

oh well, its just my luck.....

For all the FSX sites out there, there needs to be one that does a really good job of informing the community about ALL of the different company's/products/and options that are available out there. It seem there is so much out there, and its all kind of scattered about the net..... its hard to even know if there is a different comany/product that can provide what your looking for if you dont know just exactly where to look.

I bought Traffic X as well and I like it so far. I didn't have to add any flightplans at all yet. The program comes with loads of ready traffic and the only thing you have to do it set your General Aviation and Airline Traffic sliders in FSX to a reasonable setting and voila; there come the aircraft!

Smaller fields, in general, do not generate any traffic, because I think all traffic is bound to a schedule or flightplan within Traffic X.

So, for example, if you're always flying out of Tinyville you might have to create flightplans for aircraft over there to actually see some action going on.

If, however, you're always starting at New York's JFK, you only have to tweak a bit here and there, but the bulk of traffic is already active.

You can always add new schedules or delete others by means of the Traffic Control Center application (see it as the settings window of Traffic).

Another thing I have noticed is that it seems to come with realistic time tables as well.

I was flying at Amsterdam Aiport, for instance, at 02:00 and there was hardly any traffic at all. At first I thought Traffic X did not function, but setting the time to daytime presented a completely different picture! (That teaches me for installing an addon in the middle of the night!)

Edited by Yskonyn

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No its not Bloom. Bloom makes a nice glow effect around bright objects.

The halo of my lights become all squares with the FSX logo in them, but only when on the ground. . .

Are you using DX10 preview...if so that could be the problem.

I use DX10 preview, and some of my runway textures are messed up, but i just live with it.

Yes I do, as it bumps my framerate considerably.

I read somewhere that the FS devteam has been disbanded? Does this mean this DX10 Preview remains a beta-grade feature?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BTW I never even saw just flight trafficx come up in a search while I researched FSX traffic products, I dont know if that speaks for my poor internet searching skills or what, but now that im reading about it on the just flight site, it sounds fantastic.

I like that they have that traffic viewer and stuff like the follow me car, and that guy with binoculars (spotty). This looks like a very fun addon, and had I known about it first, it definitely would have been my first choice.

I feel like such an idiot now.........

oh well, its just my luck.....

For all the FSX sites out there, there needs to be one that does a really good job of informing the community about ALL of the different company's/products/and options that are available out there. It seem there is so much out there, and its all kind of scattered about the net..... its hard to even know if there is a different comany/product that can provide what your looking for if you dont know just exactly where to look.

http://www.justflight.com/trafficX-home.asp