FYI: Possible Phishing Threat.

While checking out lockon.ru tonight, my computer was hi-hacked to a fake site. I could not get all of the information, but there was something about "snake oil" in the address bar. I had to disconnect my machine from the web and reinstall Norton System Works. What ever happened corrupted Norton Antivirus.

I am using Firefox just now to post this and view the web. I haven't tried IE again yet. Might be just my problem, but I thought it might be good to let some people know, just in case.

Regards,

Greg

I don't know if this is a phishing treat. This is the message I got when I tried to log on with Opera browser:

- The server's name "lockon.ru" does not match the certificate's name "www.lockon.ru". Somebody may be trying to eavesdrop on you.

- The certificate for "www.lockon.ru" is signed by the unknown Certificate Authority "Snake Oil CA". It is not possible to verify that this is a valid certificate

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

It was not hi-jacked to a fake site.

More details in this thread (which is missing a title)

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=7268

The SnakeOil certificate is supposed to be testing certificate for the Apache SSL Mod.

What you're seeing - the warning - is because ED hasnt yet got a unique certificate from a real CA (certificate authority).

Nothing sinister going on .....

And there's no real reason for them to get one from a 'real CA' which jsut costs time and money, and means little.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It was not hi-jacked to a fake site.

More details in this thread (which is missing a title)

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=7268

The SnakeOil certificate is supposed to be testing certificate for the Apache SSL Mod.

What you're seeing - the warning - is because ED hasnt yet got a unique certificate from a real CA (certificate authority).

Nothing sinister going on .....

Thanks for the information. Must just be a coincidence on the problems with my pc.

Greg

So, we should then install this certificate?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit