If you ever could have your own private jet...

zakobi

If you were allowed to fly a millitary aircraft, which one wouild you pick and for which reason? :pilotfly:

As this is a "what if", it's allowed to change stuffs on the aircraft: Glass cockpit in a Mig-21 Fishbed? :P

My choice would be a Su-34, with digital western class cockpit, maybe a sidestick a la F-16, plus the abillity to fold wings, inflight refuelling probe and maybe a gray low ir color...

Loving it for it's food heater and chemical toilet. :thumbup:

But also that it can carry so much, and the extended range compared to the Su-27...

Edited by zakobi
  • Like 1

Harrier Gr.9

That way I could fly from wherever it's based via low level flight to my house in the Lake District [National Park], piss around a bit looking at the scenery and flying down the valleys, then land on a suitably prefabricated harrier-pad (I feel it would be rude to melt the tarmac of the local swimming pool).

The obvious flaw in this is that the Harrier is not fitted with a Thatcham approved alarm/immobiliser. Insuring it with fully-comp would be a nightmare. (But these sacrifices have to be made, I feel).

Too many cowboys. Not enough indians.

GO APE SH*T

Jaguar GR3. or a bucc S2b

Because i want to..... and i live round the cornor of a RAF base with a runway.

Flying low level through the Welsh mountains or the Lake District would be awesome.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

not even as pilot but just as passenger i would delight a Mig-31 or 25 flight , the bird that can bring you to space amorr091.gif amorr091.gif amorr091.gif. i would even decline a SR-71 flight to fly the Migs . never heard of civilian SU-25 but i've heard of a Kilo sub for sale so let's say the dream isn't totally over , there are civilian F-5 why not SU-25 one day

I prefer high wing props, so I'd settle with one of these babies:

http://www.barnstormers.com/classified_276206_L-19_O-1E+Birddog.html

:pilotfly:

IMO it's one of the best looking aircraft ever built, simple and elegant, and with an amazing history record.

Edited by Acedy

I would like to fly Su-25TM with SEAD and CAS mission :D

Su-34 - I heard there is kitchen and toilet too. Nice conditions.

F-16 "jaszczomp" - my fav USAF multirole fighter.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Me-262

With the original Jumo engines that love to spontaneously-combust? :helpsmilie:

Hawker Seafury because it has the biblical Centaurus engine, and boy does that thing make some noise!

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

F-16 "jaszczomp" - my fav USAF multirole fighter.

Oh man! I can't believe that You wrote this! You're playing too much Falcon!

But if we're at owning planes there is no other option like Russian plane eg. this An-2T in such version:

1306719.jpg

In attachment You can see interior of this plane where I'd like to put as many chicks as I can and fly, fly away!

PS. I leave dreams about fighter jets because I don't need this in private life! ;-)

salonka.thumb.jpg.75febca9fd69d736a200ab599238cb57.jpg

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmm, can't see you big picture...

Can it be because i run Firefox?

Never mind, it just needed some time to load :music_whistling:

Edit: What do you fly in real life, i did i just mis understand something (that happens alot to me ;) )

Edited by zakobi

MiG-29. If I were rich, owning and operating one would actually be feasible. I would need some wing tanks and the centerline to fly it long distances, but the looks while I taxi out at San Antonio Int'l would be worth it. :)

F-16 if I could pick anything though. ;)

Edited by RedTiger

For pure leisure I would like to fly those props of red bull air racing. Jets are too fast to see the landscape or fly over houses and under the bridges. :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I would pick a AD-6 (A-1H), B-25H and a B-26K (A-26) fully loaded with goodies and several hours in a range

:joystick::pilotfly::D

a1skyraiderocr1cz3.jpg

airshow20090321034.jpg

050317-F-1234P-047.jpg

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..