Page File Access

Ebodee

I can not find any specific information regarding this with the forum and I do not consider this a bug or problem but it is rapidly becoming the latter. It seems page file usage when BS is loaded into memory and executing is through the roof and resulting in performance degradation at specific intervals.

I have verified this through the performance portion of the Windows Task Manager and I can not attribute this issue to BS with certainity. I have also noticed the System process consuming more CPU cycles than it should so a clueless approach is what I employ here. Any assistance is appreciated if any of you have solved this problem.

I also ran services.msc to clean up windows but it has had no noticeable affect when BS is loaded and executing, only on system performance. BS with all options maxed to the hilt runs smooth as glass on my system which is an intel core 2 @ 2.4 GHx with 4 gbs and nVidia 8800GTS SLI (SLI inactive).

As you probably know, page file usage is due to the system running out of RAM and being forced to swap to disk. I would suggest that more RAM and a 64-bit OS might help. Note that more RAM by itself won't help on a 32-bit OS.

BS with all options maxed to the hilt runs smooth as glass on my system which is an intel core 2 @ 2.4 GHx with 4 gbs and nVidia 8800GTS SLI (SLI inactive).

What settings are you using, and at what resolution? I find this amazing, as my system is CPU-bound with a 2.4GHz Q6600 quad overclocked to 3.2GHz.

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Indeed! I have 4 GBs of memory. My version of XP is 32bit and accesses up to a maximum of 3 GB.

The Launcher API of BS uses roughly 70 MB of memory.

The DCS executable consumes 615 MB of application memory space.

XP allots 851 MB of page file space for BS.

With XP loaded (reduced services capacity) + Loader + DCS I have over 2 GB of memory left.

I am seeking assistance from the community if there is something specific they did to counter this problem. Perhaps I just need to toss out my copy of XP and get VISTA. But I can't just help asking what the problem could be since my rig more than meets the requirements to run BS at super max load.

hmm..I have not noticed excessive paging in Lockon or Black Shark on any of my systems....

With every thing set up full, you could be exceeding the video memory space, and causing texture buffers to page, could you try turning down some Graphics, and especially audio settings just as an experiment ? ... also, allthough it sounds obvious, try disabling your virus scanner for a test.

?