What are the pro's and con's?

My hardware is as follows:

gigabyte ep45ud3p

E8400

4gigs ram

Geforce 8800gts 640mb

Rosewill RP600V2 600watt PSU

CH Hotas

I'm going to keep XP on the original SATA 80gig drive and install Win7 on a 2nd SATA drive. This way I can easily go back and forth.

Thanks in advance for your advise.

x64 pro's

- Smoother gameplay (subjective - but for me, yes). Less "low-peaks" with frames per second.

- Take full advantage of 4 gb (or more if you decide to add 2/4 more).

Con's:

- Harder to find compatible drivers, altough Im quite satisfied with Nvidia and Se7en.

- Some vendors may have problems with their 64 bit drivers still.

- Some other application may have compatability issues - altough I havent seen any problems, and I use my systems and this OS for professional stuff (developing / manages it systems).

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

I have nothing but good things to say about Win 7 ultimate 64Bit RC

I have had no real problems with any of my old legacy 32 bit software!

Or any with my hardware! I run a dual boot setup on two seperate hard drives. Which I might add that Win 7 did automatically! Awesome. It knows!

Everything runs So much faster on the Win 7 setup its hard to believe it's the same computer! Really.

I hope every manufacturer embrases the Win 7 Platform! It all good here!

My computer:

Asus Motherbaord

E5300 Dual core Intel Processor: overclocked to 3.01 gigs

BFG Nvidia 9800 GT OC Overclocked

4 Gigs Certified Dual Channel 1066 ram

Coolmaster 80 Plus SLI certified 850w Power supply

Running XP on one HD

Running Win7 Ulltimate 64Bit on other HD

Both Western Digital Drives

I am Building a new core I7 system now and hope it does as well!

DCS is moving towards 64 bits (in fact, soon ED said will release a beta 64 bits executable)

Stating that they said they won't go into 64bit redevelopement og the whole engine, where did you read that?

Did we miss something?

• ED Team

A-10C is planned to have an "experimental and unsupported" 64-bit version.

There's a possibility for Ka-50 to have an 64-bit version as well, but I can't tell any details yet.

We do have working 64-bit builds now, so this possibilities are not that remote.

EDIT: I do think it's better to have 64-bit OS (if you have a capable hw), it can seamlessly run both 64-bit and 32-bit applications.

Edited by c0ff

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

64 bit doubt.

A-10C is planned to have an "experimental and unsupported" 64-bit version.

There's a possibility for Ka-50 to have an 64-bit version as well, but I can't tell any details yet.

We do have working 64-bit builds now, so this possibilities are not that remote.

EDIT: I do think it's better to have 64-bit OS (if you have a capable hw), it can seamlessly run both 64-bit and 32-bit applications.

Hello, I recently buy Black Shark...you say that in the future may be exist an 64 bit version.

If i want this 64 bit version I must pay again for this version? or could I upgrade the 32 bit version that I already paid?.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

Asus P6T deluxe V2 | I7 950@3.8 | 6 GB DDR3 (@1600 Tri-channel)

2x ATI 5850 (crossfire-->OFF) | Creative X-Fi | SSD OCZ Vertex 3 | OCZ ZX Series 1250W PSU | TrackIR 5 |

64 bit doubt.

probaly be a patch for 64bit.

If only changes the executable...may be possible. :huh:

Asus P6T deluxe V2 | I7 950@3.8 | 6 GB DDR3 (@1600 Tri-channel)

2x ATI 5850 (crossfire-->OFF) | Creative X-Fi | SSD OCZ Vertex 3 | OCZ ZX Series 1250W PSU | TrackIR 5 |