Will Black Shark and A-10 be "Mission Compatible"?

Hello

I am currently creating a campaign. I was thinking of creating one where in all missions, there will be one KA-50 group and one A-10 group, both with interesting tasks, that in the plot also are entwined. So, will this campaign in any way be usable in both games, without huge amounts of redesigning (I understand that I of course have to make minor adjustments)? In other words, the idea with this setup is to experience a campaign from two "perspectives", not necessarily from different coalitions...

Intel Duo E8500 | 4 Gb RAM | HD4850 x 2 Crossfire | Vista Home

The plan has always been to make the modules network compatible.

I certainly do not suggest making a dual campaign however until the A-10C is released.

Concept, scripting/staging, sure - actual in-game missions, not so much. No one at this point can really predict how compatible the mission format will be (ie. please remember that Ka-50 ME will also be updated) so it might be a good idea to hold off a bit.

If you do want to take the risk, I think ED might be looking to ensure things are reasonably compatible anyway, and should that fall by the wayside, I'm some someone can write a reasonable importer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

GGTharos, thank you for your response. Of course I will not spend huge amounts of time until I am certain, but there is still interesting to think about it, when you start to think of new missions/campaigns

Intel Duo E8500 | 4 Gb RAM | HD4850 x 2 Crossfire | Vista Home

maybe an idea if someone made an poll about it to get an idea how many players would like or expect this kind of compatibility?

And how about if that would mean an delay of a month orso for the next release?

(im bad at making polls....... hence i hardly make em)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Why a poll for an intended feature?

Why all these polls at all - they are quite static.

Posts with reasoning and suggestions are so much better :)

What I would expect (aka hoping for) from the intergration between BS and A10 is:

- A mission can be designed and utilitized on both platforms

- BS and A10 users can play online together on the same server.

- Host a server for BOTH the DCS:BS and the A10 - in the same session / instance. (And not have to choose which one to host for).

Missions themselves should be able to define how many of each type / flights available.

- Other resources made / changed in one sim - should be reflected in the other (skins / vehicle mods etc).

Normally I would expect the series to use the same "installation instance", re-using the resources already made and installed for the other.

Also, I would expect that if someone buys A10, he wont get the BS - simply because those resources will be missing from the "installation".

So basicly I guess it will be divided up like this:

- A set of shared resources, world, objects, game logic etc

- A set of flyable cockpit, modelling, logic for the BS

- A set of flyable cockpit, modelling, logic for the A10

With DCS:BS you already got the first two.

Now - if you expect to "share settings" between those two sims / cockpits - settings like Flare/Chaff dispenser (lua hacks) settings - you may not be able to do that, since those are "model specific".

Edited by Panzertard

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

it is not speculation to look back at the past, seeing another sim that was supposed to be multi platform in the same way, become outdated and not compatable. Then one can think that my favorite sim (BS) is already a dated platform and no, it is not speculation to worry it may find the same fate.

I know all modules were announced to be compatible, but latley there has been some "hints" from members of ED that they are having certain "difficulties" making the modules as compatible as first announced... We know nothing spesific, so I think it is fair to be speculating on this. Or maybe the opposite but for the same reason....

Help Beczl with his DCS MiG-21Bis project

by Pre-Ordering DCS MiG-21Bis module NOW!

CLICK HERE TO GO TO PRE-ORDER PAGE AT INDIEGOGO

I ultimately think it will have to boil down to the individual sims as "Mods" built off a base platform...

just like how you have DLC in various games, or how COH has the ability to unlock content on the game by adding CD keys.

Current Sims:

DCS Black Shark, Falcon 4.0, X-Plane 9, Steel Beasts Pro PE, IL-2 1946, ArmA 2, FSX, Rise of Flight, EECH, Harpoon 3 ANW, CSP

yeah whats all this?, I thought that was a 100% deal that all the dcs modules would work together?

I thought by the end of this thing wed be seeing missions with ka-50's, a-10's, apache, and su, all in the same mission playing together?

Dont let the smell get to ya...............

Nothing is ever set in stone. You can go from living comfortably to just barely making it in a heartbeat. What I'm trying to say is sh!t 'always' happens, and when you want sh1t to happen, it doesn't. Such is life mijo.

In the end, I do trust ED will do what is best for them as well as their customers. If that means we meet them half way then so be it.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Nothing is ever set in stone. You can go from living comfortably to just barely making it in a heartbeat. What I'm trying to say is sh!t 'always' happens, and when you want sh1t to happen, it doesn't. Such is life mijo.

In the end, I do trust ED will do what is best for them as well as their customers. If that means we meet them half way then so be it.

My suggestion in general is to just do it the DLC style or the Rise of Flight style....

Have a main DCS program, you install it off the disc or download site, and it installs the base sim and the module you bought. Then as a new module comes out, you can buy it ingame, in a store, or off the site, and add the code to the sim, unlocking the new content.

Current Sims:

DCS Black Shark, Falcon 4.0, X-Plane 9, Steel Beasts Pro PE, IL-2 1946, ArmA 2, FSX, Rise of Flight, EECH, Harpoon 3 ANW, CSP