Engine Sound While Not Running

I am having some problem with my newly acquired Sound Pack, it sounds absolutely fantastic, but one problem always bother me.

Even if my engine is not running, i can still hear the roaring of the afterburner...unlike the default sound, i can't get that nice and smooth engine start sound going while doing ramp start. Yesterday when i was doing rampstart, i realized that my engine is already roaring before i started them. i checked the exaust and the gauages, no the engines are not running...:huh:

it looks like that i messed something up, because the same pack works perfectly for the past two days, something went wrong with out my knowledge and now i have to hear AB no matter how much thrust i put in. It is getting annoying....

the pack is zzzspace version 1, which initially works amazingly after a manual installation, all I did yesterday was a reinstallation of my F-15 Mod once after a texture error, and that's it. Can that reinstall somehow mess up some of the CFG files and cause problems? i am trying to reinstall my sound pack again, but did not correct the problem.

It is rather hard to say what exactly the problem is but you could check the following things.

First, did you backup the "Sounds" folder? If yes, remove (not replace) the Sounds folder and put in your backup.

Second, you can test what sound group is cousing the problem by opening the "Plane.cfg" and put in "EngineAfterburnerSound = false;".

"Plane.cfg" is located in your Sounds folder and can be opened with Notepad.

Third, see if your sound card driver is up to date (probably not the problem but still worth to try).

Let me know if it doesn't work out.

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

replacing it does not do the job....

cfg. file is not editable since the computer tells me that

"can not create C://(my path)/plane.cfg file, make sure that the path and file name are correct."

this is getting interesting

Little misunderstanding here ;)

That you don't hear the AB sound anymore is obvious, because you turned it off in Plane.cfg. The question is, if you hear the engine sound with the engine turned off?

If so, I advice you to check C:\WINDOWS\system32\dxdiag.exe and test the game with sound Hardware Acceleration Off/On

Edited by Frazer

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Little misunderstanding here ;)

That you don't hear the AB sound anymore is obvious, because you turned it off in Plane.cfg. The question is, if you hear the engine sound with the engine turned off?

If so, I advice you to check C:\WINDOWS\system32\dxdiag.exe and test the game with sound Hardware Acceleration Off/On

that is correct..after turning off the AB sound in the plane.cfg, i can still hear the engine sound even if it is indeed shut down.....

i already reinstalled lomac completely, so it is no longer a problem, i am going to spend some time to get my setup back, but other than that, i am good for now.

Engine Sound UPDATE~~~this is weird..

as some of you might aware, i encountered some sound problem in lomac, which was mentioned in another thread, if you haven't seen that thread, you might not know what i'm talking about in this thread.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=43743

I thought i was able to overcome the problem by reinstall it, but i was wrong...and i found out exactly what was causing the problem.

i started out with a mission with only my own aircraft, no problem, the engine stayed silent when not running, but as soon as i added a flying AI aircraft, i realized my engine started to making sound...then i found out that the engine sound i've been hearing is not comming from mine aircraft, and it is from the AI's engine...

i was stunned by this discovery, since the AI aircraft flying 100 mile away would literally pass on his own engine sound to my cold and dark F15...i did more than a dozen experiements to prove the point, and i used different aircraft from different countries at different altitude...the sound would not go away as long as there is a AI flying, and it turns dead silent when i remove them.....

any one happenes to know something about this issue? yes i'm using vista.:music_whistling:

Known issue since vista…

If your using any creative labs sound card, then the fix would be to insert the game in the Alchemy application.

http://www.soundblaster.com/alchemy/

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Known issue since vista…

If your using any creative labs sound card, then the fix would be to insert the game in the Alchemy application.

http://www.soundblaster.com/alchemy/

I am using Realtek High Definition Audio and SigmaTel High Definition Audio codec....not creative lab product..

do i still have any hope?:(:(:(

i am glad to hear that the problem is caused by the system itself and not my mods...:(

it's a laptop so option 1 is not possible.

well, the PC is a vaio, and it was configured for VISTA only....i messed it up by reinstall XP on it, and a call to SONY support center confirmed that this particular pc is not XP ready...i thought PC shouldn't have this kind of problem..... but anyways..