multi monitor config request. TOP and BOTTOM monitor

just getting back into black shark.

im trying to set up 2 monitors, on a matrox th2g box

one monitor on top, and one on the bottom,

each @ 1680x1050,

so that i get a resolution of 1680x2100

or at least, i want the bottom monitor to just look below the HUD, and the top monitor to view as normal, clickable cockpit, plus pan view (track IR if necessary)..

some one please (pretty please) give the re-noob some advice?

i dont know if it makes it more difficult, More specifically, can this be done on the triplehead2 go box?

i wanted 2x widescreens connected to the th2g box, but i want the other port on the 8800GTS card to hook up a 7" LCD, i would like to set that up sole display the ABRIS...

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

hannibal, seeing as no-one has chipped in... I have a th2g, but not hooked up right now, so here is my best guess.

I think the TH2g gives you a horizontal spanned image, dimensions 3360x1050 in this case. So in Options.lua, define the screen size according to these dimensions. In your monitor setup file, create a "Left" and "Right" viewport, and use the viewDx/viewDy values to set the view direction. You need to match Left/Right viewports to physical top and bottom monitors.

Both views will pan simultaneously. I am not sure if the mouse cursor will be usable in this configuration. Maybe someone knows a better way to do it?

BTW check out the Multimonitor wiki http://www.vaaf.net/wiki2/index.php5?title=Black_Shark_MultiMonitors

thanks for reply.. right now im running black shark 1680x2100 (23" top, 20" bottom) with little ABRIS and Shkval windows in the bottom monitor rendered in the camera view via XP nvidia nview..

im pretty content although i like to add a 7" for dedicated shkval use (maybe another 7" in portrait for ABRIS)

i am content, frame rate is not bad..20fps and above, 40 average.

You know, its B/S that i have triplehead, but it sucks using it because i can not zoom out..once i zoom out, it becomes choppy and unplayable.

in lock on, it was annoying that lables are not rendered on the right half of the surround resolution when using th2g AND softTH.

but with the top down vertical stacked monitor approach, it ws awesome, i can play with descent frame rates, zoom in and out, and see what i need (basically instruments and HUD).

my gosh, lock on was a joy to run for the first time...

i hope to have pics and video up soon.

BUT I STILL WOULD LIKE TO KNOW how does the viewDX/viewDY values works in the monitor setup config file....

(maybe in the future i want monitors to render a left window door and a right side auxilary panel..)

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

yes, I toyed with top and bottom monitors. Forward is "viewDy=0". Up is "1" down is "-1". You raise the number to make the view look further out 'radially' (ie. 1.5, - 1,5 -2). ViewDx= -1, 1 is left/right/forward, -2 is more to the side, ect. ViewDx= -3, 3 will give you a door panel view (if I remember right).

Only the the center camera view is clickable.

Edited by JG14_Smil