Nvidia Forceware 190.38 hassles

Is anyone else having trouble with this driver? I've updated from 185.85 which worked.

Problem is that the AA and AF overide settings don't seem to be applying to DCS Black Shark any more. I have jaggies :(

Im applying them to DCS.exe, same as the previous driver which worked. I've re-installed it twice now. I also always use DriverSweeper when upgrading my forceware so its not that...

anyone?

Maybe I should just go back to 185.85?

Win 10pro x64 | i5 2500 | 16GB RAM | GTX1060 6GB | Logitech G940 | Tir5 + TC

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

... AA ist "faggt" up within the new 190.ґers ....

Get yaself the 186.ґer - also quiet new (from june) without the missing AA problems..

Greets

S@uDepp

// Hasi @4,5 GHz @ H100i // Asrock Z87M Extreme 4 // Avirex 4x4GB // PALIT 1070 GTX SuperJetStream // Corsair 350D // Plextor extern // DELL 2407WFP // Razer Lancehead // 2xThrustmaster T.16000M + Saitek Pedals Pro // Oculus Rift // 3x amBX // Win10 Pro x64

So It seems you guys with the newer cards are suffering too...?

186.18 works great. Actually get a slightly better framerate ~6-8 frames

Win 10pro x64 | i5 2500 | 16GB RAM | GTX1060 6GB | Logitech G940 | Tir5 + TC

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.. Nevermind me, downloaded the drivers a week ago and thought I installed them, checked it out now and for some strange reason I probably didn't install them yet. I'll check back with you when I have... =)

Edited by Boulund
Blatant statement without checking facts

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

Is anyone else having trouble with this driver? I've updated from 185.85 which worked.

Problem is that the AA and AF overide settings don't seem to be applying to DCS Black Shark any more. I have jaggies :(

Im applying them to DCS.exe, same as the previous driver which worked. I've re-installed it twice now. I also always use DriverSweeper when upgrading my forceware so its not that...

anyone?

Maybe I should just go back to 185.85?

... AA ist "faggt" up within the new 190.ґers ....

Get yaself the 186.ґer - also quiet new (from june) without the missing AA problems..

Greets

S@uDepp

To fix this in the 190.38 WHQL drivers under XP open the Nvidia CP and select the first setting under "3D settings" called "adjust image settings with preview" and then tick the radio button before "Use the advanced 3D image settings" on the right and apply.

For me after making this change and applying it application specific AA/AF is working again in DCS and LockOn.

I hope this is helpful.

Out

Edited by PoleCat

I'm still with 182.50 and I'm very well satisfied with these drivers. If I upgrade I see many jaggies on many different games plus I get blue screens on most of the updates. I don't know why but I think its better to stay with 182.50 until I find something more secure.

Edited by Innerloop

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Finally got around to installing the drivers. I'm on a 8800 GTS 640MB with XP SP3 and the 190.38 drivers works perfectly! No problems at all with anything so far (IL-2, LOMAC FC, DCS BS, Red Orchestra, ArmA2)

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

I had a similar problem with jaggies using the 190 drivers, but it seemed to resolve itself at some point.

My main problem now, since installing 190, is that after a minute or so ingame the framerate stutters noticeably. If I Alt-Tab to the desktop and then jump back into DCS, the framerate returns to normal, but only for a minute or so before deteriorating again.

Think I'm going to roll back to 186 and see if that resolves the issue for me. Doesn't look like there's any improvements on 190 that interest me anyway. Funny: my experience -- and I've only ever used Nvidia chipsets/drivers in gaming -- is that their drivers are stable, even their betas.

p.s. Thanks for the tip diveplane.

Edited by hilikusopus

Nothing wrong with the 190.38s that a little tweaking for AA/AF does not fix. These drivers are actually pretty good for me under XP. Installer is fine as well. Tested on several systems/OS's (Vista/Win7/XP). Just because some one has some issue causing then to "restore" does not make it a certainty that it is these drivers that caused it. In fact I would tend to doubt it based on my experience with the installs I have done. I have seen many people have strange issues with very stable builds of the Nvidia drivers simply because they do not install/uninstall them properly in the first place.

That is not to say that you may not prefer an earlier driver for some reason or another but I think the likelyhood of having to restore anything as a direct result of them is unlikely IMHO. I say try them and see. You can always uninstall and revert if you do not like them....Don't forget to try the settings I posted earlier to get application specific AA/AF working.

Out

Edited by PoleCat
  • Like 1

Same here!

I have gone back to build 185.5 dirvers on both my installs XP and win7 64bit.

just don't have the time to play around with even MORE computer issues I guess!

I have heard my friends have done the same also on many different setups.

• 2 weeks later...
To fix this in the 190.38 WHQL drivers under XP open the Nvidia CP and select the first setting under "3D settings" called "adjust image settings with preview" and then tick the radio button before "Use the advanced 3D image settings" on the right and apply.

For me after making this change and applying it application specific AA/AF is working again in DCS and LockOn.

I hope this is helpful.

Out

Good find +1 works great for me....others should head your advice instead of going back to older drivers....

I can confirm that this also fixes it under Vista X64 for me also. I had the "Use advanced 3D image settings already selected previously but when I checked "Let the application decide" then back to "Use advanced 3D image settings" it worked and would start using the AA and AF settings from my DCS profile. I'm also using the EVGA sli enhanced profiles too. With the premade profiles it seems it doesn't work until you "add" the game and point it to the .exe......even if its in the list already.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit