Where can I buy a hard copy?

I noticed that some guys were claiming that they were going to buy a hard copy from ozon.ru. I would love to but I can't read Russian. :confused:

Is there anywhere that you know of that I can get a copy shipped to Canada?

I have had nothing but problems with some of the bizarre copy protection used for downloaded games and would much prefer a real copy of Flaming Cliffs.

Thanks.

JR

Although I am russian, I just ordered a copy from Ozon. Even if it takes 2 weeks to ship to Canada at least I know it is 2 weeks sharp.

I think there is a way to order from Ozon without doing it through their online site (which even I as russian found hard to navigate)

You can phone them +7 (095) 7-888-888 and I am sure someone there speaks english

As a final resort you can write them help@ozon.ru and ask if you can give them your details in email.

And it'll take about 2 weeks by air mail, maybe even faster (it is only a CD after all)

I've ordered 2 copies and with shipping to Canada it cost me $27USD in total

I dont see the point personally in ordering this way. I will only fly it when all my friends online are playing also. Wont be much fun having it whilst no one else does. at least not for me.

I dont see the point personally in ordering this way. I will only fly it when all my friends online are playing also. Wont be much fun having it whilst no one else does. at least not for me.

I have a 28.8k connection at home - with the extra week delay, I can wait until I get back to my 3Mb Cable connection at Uni, but please remember that not everyone has broadbant. Some people CANNOT get broadband.

Some people are unhappy with PayPal.

Some people can't get PayPal.

Some people are unhappy with downloading.

Some people don't like the copy protection, and I understand the Russian version just uses CD-checking.

It's nice to have a CD, possibly printed manual or keycard, however small, to keep.

The Russian box would look unbelievably cool on your shelf.

Although I am russian, I just ordered a copy from Ozon. Even if it takes 2 weeks to ship to Canada at least I know it is 2 weeks sharp.

I think there is a way to order from Ozon without doing it through their online site (which even I as russian found hard to navigate)

You can phone them +7 (095) 7-888-888 and I am sure someone there speaks english

As a final resort you can write them help@ozon.ru and ask if you can give them your details in email.

And it'll take about 2 weeks by air mail, maybe even faster (it is only a CD after all)

I've ordered 2 copies and with shipping to Canada it cost me $27USD in total

hey bud !

can u post up here about what u get in the package once u get ur copies..? becos if u get some kewl merchandise, I'll order it too. :icon_jook

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Maybe I'm a minority but I like playing the campaigns too - so single player is still something I look forward to in addition to playing online with my friends.;)

hmmm! :( would be kewl to see a T-shirt or a poster of FC :P

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Buy in Russian, read in Russian

Keep in mind the russian version will most likely have all the keymappings (which have changed somewhat in 1.1) in russian not to mention the encyclopeodia, FBP and mission editor. Is ok if you read russian :icon_wink

When all else fails, Eject then read the manual.

Oh, and a good wingman helps.

• 11 months later...

in order to get it working in english....no russian reading here unfortunately.

could the details be changed in the config/ localizer or wherever, or is this locked for the region the cd was burned for?

just a thought?

• ED Team
I noticed that some guys were claiming that they were going to buy a hard copy from ozon.ru. I would love to but I can't read Russian. :confused:

Is there anywhere that you know of that I can get a copy shipped to Canada?

I have had nothing but problems with some of the bizarre copy protection used for downloaded games and would much prefer a real copy of Flaming Cliffs.

Thanks.

JR

From http://www.lockon.ru

"Flaming Cliffs full version on CD: English version is available on Natural Point, based in the USA, http://www.naturalpoint.com; http://www.gogamer.com in the USA; Simware, based in Belgium, http://www.simw.com; RC Simulations, based in the UK, http://www.rcsimulations.com. Boxed version contains: Flaming Cliffs with StarForce Professional keyless protection, User Manual in PDF format, Pilot Manual in PDF format, Terrain textures for four seasons."

These distributors also supply the hardcopy manual.

Jim

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.