Server rules?

I've been playeing around Lock on: FC for a year, now (got allmost half year of no flight, because of a fault on the joystick) and I'll to start playing with others. At some point i found that you need Hyperlobby, so i just downloaded it, but before i begin i have some questions:

How does HL works?

Am i allowed to use SIMMOD a-10 model?

Am i allowed to use Tree shader 2.0?

Am i allowed to use mk-82 snake eye mod?

I was told that i would get banned for using LOPE, so is there a way to "shut it down"?

A list of good servers could also be nice...

How does HL works?

It is client where people create servers and play on them. Nothing special compared to other clients for another games.

Am i allowed to use SIMMOD a-10 model?

Yes you can use your own models you like.

Am i allowed to use Tree shader 2.0?

Yes it is mod for trees, nothing wrong with it.

Am i allowed to use mk-82 snake eye mod?

Yes, IIRC it is only bomb model?

Any graphical mods are ok.

I was told that i would get banned for using LOPE, so is there a way to "shut it down"?

Yes you can be banned for this. But it won't happen until you'll be spotted on public server. You can use it on your server with friends, but no on public servers where there is no space for LOPE.

A list of good servers could also be nice...

Everybody likes something different. If you like short missions (distances) to targets get to 169th, if you prefer closer reality distances catch up 51st or 3Sqn. IIRC distances can be up to 400 km.

It is good idea to read server rules. I know it is really boring but sometimes you can catch that you are able to use R-77 on external pylons in Mig-29, or use Kh-29T on Su-27.

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

ok, how are they able to spot LOPE?

Are they able to do that without having something "unreal" on the aircrafts (F-15 with bombs)?

BTW, SIMMOD A-10 adds GBU-10 and -12 (dunno why)

Edited by zakobi

ok, how are they able to spot LOPE?

Are they able to do that without having something "unreal" on the aircrafts (F-15 with bombs)?

If u put AIM-54 on Su-27 it is obvious.

People know what can carry specific plane so it is really known immadietly when u used it.

Also it can be eaisly spotted when you add possibilty to carry weapon on station where in default shouldn't be there. Example R-27ER on external pylon of MiG-29.

So conclusion - do not use it on public server = ban.

• Like 2

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

yes, for online flying use only weapons on pylons that default game allows... if you do otherwise there are servers that use scripts to detet if you have loaded ilegal weapons and will not allow you to spool up or take off (script is called LRM mod and has some other uses also)

• Like 1

No longer active in DCS...

Stick with a default loadout in the server missions' payload screen and you should be fine. Zero tolerance for illegal use of LOPE. Period. Servers are using a realism mod that -among other trhings- makes it instantly obvious to everyone on the server if you're doing something you shouldn't. Could be anything from displaying public server messages to your ejection seat deploying when you use something illegal

• Like 1

In the 51st Server, if you have an "illegal" payload, you only get the exit prompt over and over again. So you wont be able to spool up.

GBUs on A10 will not work unless you have a target designated in advanced, so in most missions, this would be useless anyway.

AFAIK, the Mk-82 snake-eyes mod uses PB-250 bombs, which would indeed be an illegal payload in most servers!

Edited by X-man
  • Like 1

2075291193_EDSig.png.650cd56f2b9a043311112721c4215a47.png

64th Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 135.181.115.54

In the 51st Server, if you have an "illegal" payload, you only get the exit prompt over and over again. So you wont be able to spool up.

GBUs on A10 will not work unless you have a target designated in advanced, so in most missions, this would be useless anyway.

AFAIK, the Mk-82 snake-eyes mod uses PB-250 bombs, which would indeed be an illegal payload in most servers!

Thx for the note on Mk-82 snake eye!

And what about BL-755 and CBU-97?

Edited by zakobi

Thx for the note on Mk-82 snake eye!

And what about BL-755 and CBU-97?

As stated in an ealier post if it is a graphical mod then there is usually no issue. Loading any weapons outside what is allowed with the stock 1.12 installation will usually result in a kick/ban. Simply stated, stock weapons only on public servers.:)

Out

Edited by PoleCat
  • Like 1