Official word from Developers regarding release of 1.1

Guest Dlink
I find the "disappointment" rather amusing. FC wasn't even intended to be released to the west, but we are whining to high heaven that it isn't released yet. For those who want the add-on, we are lucky to be getting it. For those who don't, no lose. Stop the griping. A week after it is released you won't even think about that you had to wait X amount of time for it to be released. Let them get it right.

And people wonder why the PC gaming industry is shrinking when you have people who claim "They are doing you a favour". What a freaking joke.

Dusty, Do you need a hanky. I think you missed a spot.

Good point Dusty.

Game is getting better with every working hour, so western gamers will be lucky to get new version, then we russians have :)

Hey, are you saying that we will get a even newer version of the game?? Excuse my ignorance :p :)

Thats worth the wait, ain't it? :D

Good to know. I'll get back to making missions.

And I am back to translating 1.1 manual! 180 pages to go ....

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Wow, imagine that.

Wait till the very, very, very last minute before you say something.

Hope you guys pull your heads out someday. If the game is in a box already, cant be that hard to make it available for download.

Not saying its easy, but you guys are supposed to be professionals.

The professional thing to do is, if you are going to miss a deadline, let people know before the end of your working day.

A week, LOL, how lame. I am almost thinking I need another hobby, like spending time with my wife.

Hey, are you saying that we will get a even newer version of the game?? Excuse my ignorance :p :)

Thats worth the wait, ain't it? :D

Why do you think they delaying release? Yes, because they are fixing bugs\issues\typos and also tuning and double-checking online distribution system right now.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

Fixing the distribution system is what they said was delaying the release not fixing bugs. They've had since Nov to do that......

A bit ironic if it is Starforce thats delayed this ....again.... after all the discussions on this topic

Ok....it's fine with me. Another delay is good I suppose. We've waited long enough already what's another week...or month. we are still going to buy it. Unless you are all so upset with delays that you go on strike..

I for one don't careless when it's released. I'm still going to buy it sooner or later..It dosen't matter...

I guess a company can behave like this in russia. I would like to see this behaviour survive in the long race. Tards!

So you want a rerun of what happened when Ubi launched Lock On 1.0? Good to know.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

What I ment was: Do people want a buggy product? Or are people interested in a product that might have a few less bugs because it got pushed back another week?

I know what I want. Do you?

Regards

Fjordmonkey

And you don't want it pushed back another week to SOLVE those problems so that you can actually GET the product?

Regards

Fjordmonkey

You're clueless.

ED isn't working on YOUR schedule, they're working on THEIRS. Get a grip, and udnerstand that software development throws issues at developers like nothing else.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

No I'd actually like to buy the product now, on the realease date.

Issue is that the distribution should have been tried and tested before the release date, a bit cavalier to test it on the first customer order.