Official word from Developers regarding release of 1.1

I know that, GG, but it seems like other people doesn't.

And as I've said before: I'd rather have things RIGHT than right now.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

"ED isn't working on YOUR schedule"

You miss the point, if ED want to stay in business they have to provide a service to their customers, who have purchased the orig game and are now looking for the add on after multiple decomits.

ED may be working to their own schedule but if they don't satisfy their customers schedule then their out of business.

Simple as that....

I'd have to disagree, bad project management and design throws issues at software developers. Nothing else.

That's quite a bold statement given the sorry state that software quality is in throughout the industry. I'd love to see a software project that qualifies as well designed and managed then according to you... ;)

Caretaker

ED Beta Test Team

You know, that if there was any type of competition from another flight sim, no one would buy this game.

ED should think about that for the future, eventually they will have competition, and I for one, will remember this crap.

I say, come on FighterOps, its looking prettier every month.

You miss the point, if ED want to stay in business they have to provide a service to their customers, who have purchased the orig game and are now looking for the add on after multiple decomits.

ED may be working to their own schedule but if they don't satisfy their customers schedule then their out of business.

Simple as that....

I for one, dont really care about the Su-25T. It will be fun to fly for a bit, but I will probably end up doing more A2A.

I am interested in the FIXES for the game I ALREADY bought.

Release 1.1 whenever you want, but then give me a damn patch..........

Simple as that....

LOL

I don't think you are experienced enought to give advices "how to stay in business" to software developer company, who are in business for a 14 years ;) and who releasing a products in the niche, which other companies abandon...

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

LOL

I don't think you are experienced enought to give advices "how to stay in business" to software developer company, who are in business for a 14 years ;) and who releasing a products in the niche, which other companies abandon...

Never a good idea to assume so I won't make assumptions on your suitability or qualifications.

For myself I can only claim 20 years in the hardware and software running mission critical programs for some of the largest OEM's in the business....nuff said.

Jesus Christ will you all (you know who you are) just GROW UP and stop complaining (or at least do it ina a mature way) ?!

NOONE here ows anyone anything. You can buy Flaming Cliffs if you want, you will get quality product and give ED your money in return. Or U can not buy FC. It's as simple as that. And only if you buy FC, then you can complain that something isn't working, not beforehand. Also if you notise, on the website it saye release is "planned for...". Plans go wrong. That's a nature of life.

Also statement "They had since november to fix bugs" isn't true, since there are still bugs to fix even now. However, there are significantly less of them now, and they are less serious/noticable.

P.S. I am really fed up now. I tried to be helpful and polite today, but that clearly doesn't work for some people (Although big tnx for all these who behave sencibly). if I c another badly phrased complaint (i.e. openly rude one) I'll just close the tread.

The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.

Guys I can understend frustration due to lack of communication. What I can't understend/accept is comments like "ED owns us...something" or "ED are clowns"(other tread). Espesially if they are posted a lot of time.

I believe in constructive critisizm, as long as it remains constructive :)

The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.

Thats why they shouldnt have made such estimates. Its the second time they do such mistake, and like it happened with Lock On, every1 is pressuring the release. I know its disappoiting but still its only 6 days of waiting...damn, I dunno If I will be able to sleep now...hmmmm, I want FC... ;) :)

BIOLOG;

Thanks for taking the time (and looks like trouble) to get us an update.

Most of us do appreciate it.

I wouldnt be surprised if some of the delay has to do with getting ready to accept credit card orders directly (Merchant Account) which is quite a bit harder than using just PayPal. Goes back to the thread where WAGS was asking people how they wanted to handle the transaction and about half wanted the option to order by credit card. http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=6372

Way too many of you are so short sited, it amazes me. I want I want I want. You don't take into consideration that ED is trying something new to them and trying a new business format. They need to iron out the bugs and get it right so in the future products, we don't have the bumps and potholes that we are seeing now. They get it right now, it proves the business model and makes distribution of future products go smoother. Let them get it right because we can benefit in the future from their experience they are getting with this release.

This has nothing to do with us owing ED, or us being grateful to ED, it has to do with a new business model for ED (who is one of the last bastions of flight simming). They need to iron out the problems and get it right and we will benefit in the future. Or they could just release it with the problems there are and watch the bitchers and whiners lambaste them for releasing without the infastructure being ready. No win situation, but the good people iron out the problems first. That appears to be what they are doing.

So stop the short sighted stuff. Have there been mistakes? Sure there have. Should they announce release dates, IMHO, no they shouldn't. But the bumps in the road now, should be smooth pavement with follow on products, if there are to be any. ED doesn't owe us anything, and we don't owe ED anything until we purchase the product.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

Sad to see grown people revert to an 8ry old mentallity of, 'I want it now'

I'm disapointed. I would love to by cruising in my SU-25T right now. But I understand that all things aren't predictable.

Could it be that the delay wasn't announced because they thought they could get the authentication server up and running?

How many people would be here if they DL the game, only to not be able to play because servers crash under a load, to bitch and complain and would be in the exact same spot they are now?

How many online games have had this problem? I'd make an uninformed conclusion that this means that setting up servers for this sort of thing is not a piece of cake, many game companies have struggled with it.

Finally, why would members of ED come to this forum, talk to the 100 or so regulars that are posting here and get called clowns. Time to open your eyes and realize that you core people of the forum do not make up the majority of community, that you don't represent everyone , but do drive the charater of the forum. Why should the devs come and interact with a small group of people that complain about everything and call them names.

Time to grow up, take you lumps and wait for the game.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

I agree with Deadcat. They have to expect some criticism. Actually a lot of criticism.

You 'adults' act like the rest of us dont have jobs either. No offense, but if I missed this many deadlines, in as little time........canned. C ya. Bye Bye now.

Like I said, if there was a competative game for Lockon, either this crap wouldnt happen, or people would be buying the other game.

And if I was told Christmas was on the 25th of Dec, and then at Midnight of the 24th, Santa called and said he couldnt make it cause the sled broke, well I dont care how old I am, I would still be pissed.

I would think that if no one was pissed it wasnt released, then no one would really care that the game was even released.

• ED Team

Wait a second !

ED is posting release dates since some months. And now when they lost all their release time credibility at the community and people are freaking out people still defending ED. Why ?

They shouldnt have made the people hot on this game with obviously faked release dates - instead they should have written : When its done - we will release it.

As someone here claimed that ED is for 14 years on the software market - they should have known how long such a development takes, shouldn they ? But at least the PR division is nice. Keeping the people wait for the product for months without any serious developer/customer communication besides a release date : "this month +1" statement.

But wait ! This product wasnt planned for the market outside CIS ! Omg - thanks ED that you bring this product out of CIS, and all this just for money which i have to pay. This is such a fine step from them.

Im one week away from internet from tomorrow on. Can i BUY the game when im back ? We will see ;)

I completely cannot understand the naive and ignorant posts being posted here. The number one reason to switch to these boards for me was the higher quality of the boards, but my jaw keeps on dropping and dropping. Luckily i can grab beer with friends in a hour and keep my gf warm later.

Seriously, there is a big difference between positive critisim and just being a total swashbuckling pirate.

Turn of your computer, and spend some quality time with loved ones.

migtoon0xo.gif

Unforeseen is Unforeseen

Ecclesiastes 9:11 sums it up nicely.

Regardless of the reasons for the delays we must remember that anything of value is worth waiting for.

Proverbs 21:5 comes to mind as well.

ED has been on this project diligently and I for one admire the restraint to rush ahead.

One quote I have heard applies as well, "Fools rush in". From what I see ED is far from fools and appropriately does not "rush in" the way other software producers have before them.

Patience young ones, "Good things come to those who wait"

:cool:

When all else fails, Eject then read the manual.

Oh, and a good wingman helps.