Official word from Developers regarding release of 1.1

Guest ruggbutt

I can understand how irritated ED must feel w/some of the posts here. Polishing Weevils (which I'm a member of) is a mod team releasing a tactical mod for FarCry. We were shooting for an April first release and it's not out yet. We are only waiting for 4 new weapons animations, but we won't release w/out it. Now on our forums we have people bugging us and complaining about something we've spent 10 months of our free time on to release to the public. For free!!!. I've been very tolerant over there as the rest of the mod team is holding me back on my choke chain. But it's ridiculous the crying and whining I have to deal with.

Now I come here and it's the same BS, different game/sim. Who's gonna be the first to besmirch the lineage of any and all of the ED team? How bout you people relax a bit and hang tough. So what if the Russians are already playing it? Have any of you ever thought that maybe more than once they've had to wait for a release after people in the west already have? Yeah, I wish I could get it today. But I can't. There's nothing I can do about it so I can hope that ED gets all their ducks in a row so when all of us start hammering the d/l servers that we don't crash them. I can just imagine what would be said had someone's credit card or paypal account been charged but the d/l was slow or difficult.

Please have patience people. Software release is a b***h sometimes. Let's have it right instead of have it fast and unfinished.

Guest ruggbutt

I see you're too thick to see the similarities. This has happened w/every game/sim for the last decade.

RIF

• ED Team

i know the similarities. but are you a professional software developer who is earning money with the product you developing ?

doing a free mod is a great thing. but when you want cash for it you shouldnt just think about the end product. you also should think about your customers at all. especially the communication shouldnt be based on a release date only.

as you already mentioned you wrote here ( and i assume on your mod homepage too) that the release of your mod is delayed because of some weapon animation which arent done yet. did you ever saw any statement by an ED official on this forum / homepage why the release date is always pushed back ?

Maybe now you understand my pov.

Guest ruggbutt

So you're basically complaining that you can't have FC when you want it? It's all about you? Obviously you've never ordered any furniture. Or scheduled an appointment w/the phone company, FedEx or a plumber. Guess what, shiznit happens.

It ain't about you.

I wonder how many of the people complaining have actually contributed something to the community ...

A good number of people here have made suggestions, a LOT of suggestions which ED incorporated into 1.1, and there are even more slated to be incorporated into 1.2. That's a contribution.

There are a number of people who make mods, which has little to do with ED itself doing anything specific to the game, but there are a number of mods in the plans out there which specifically require ED's cooperation for them to work and ED is definitely trying to help; might not get everything implemented, but they're trying.

And THEN a bunch of whiners come out whining about how a date which was NOT PROMISED was blown. These dates aren't blown 'just cause'. They're blown because ED is implementing requests made by the PLAYERS which introduces more testing, more bugs to squash, and so on.

And now, here's ED, almost at the finish line, wanting to incorporate copy protection. People not only whine about the fact that the CP is being put in, but hey, the date's been blown again because ... guess what - ED is trying to make sure that the CP is as transparent and easy as possible for everyone who downloads the game. Not very caring of them about the customers there, eh? Man.

But here's the thing, people don't get all worked up over blown dates, no no no. It's because ED doesn't have a big PR department which can explain all the 'blown dates' with nice powerpoint presentations while the devs busily hammer away at code.

... How old are you people again? :P

And get your facts straight before ranting. Just because YOU are not involved in working with the devs to the extent that others are doesn't mean that there's no communication nor that the devs sit there jsut twiddling their thumbs nor that they don't listen to you.

And frankly, I don't think anyone's willing to be their PR person FOR you either, because you're just horrible. Get a grip already, it's a game, not the bloody Space Shuttle Software Group (which, BTW, blows dates with pretty good reasons, too)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

there is a slight difference between your efforts and ED`s efforts:

and how much of your money has been invested in the development of 1.1?

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

I still stand on my opinion that even if the release date was pushed, it didnt need to wait till the very very very very very last second to tell us.

Now, they may have hoped that they would have gotten it out today, but they knew they didnt have a good chance. Otherwise the wait wouldnt be 'about a week'.

Guest ruggbutt

Great point Dayglow. And thanks GG, as I stated before sometimes shiznit happens when attempting to release software. There's another similarity Groove, you gettin' it yet?

i know the similarities. but are you a professional software developer who is earning money with the product you developing ?

doing a free mod is a great thing. but when you want cash for it you shouldnt just think about the end product. you also should think about your customers at all. especially the communication shouldnt be based on a release date only.

as you already mentioned you wrote here ( and i assume on your mod homepage too) that the release of your mod is delayed because of some weapon animation which arent done yet. did you ever saw any statement by an ED official on this forum / homepage why the release date is always pushed back ?

Maybe now you understand my pov.

Are you implying that ED has been intentionally doing this? Being a software developer I knew ED wouldn't make the april 5th day. Ask any developer to give you a release date and he'll give you the date he finishes coding, not the day he finishes testing and guess what, april 5th arrives, they test it and whoops last minute bug found. Postponed.

It's a good thing too, because they would have gotten much worse had people paid money for it. Customers become especially cranky after the pay for something.

But goddammit man, stop giving out specific dates.

I still stand on my opinion that even if the release date was pushed, it didnt need to wait till the very very very very very last second to tell us.

Now, they may have hoped that they would have gotten it out today, but they knew they didnt have a good chance. Otherwise the wait wouldnt be 'about a week'.

Sheesh get over it already you've stated your opinion on 2 or 3 different threads now. In my opinion it will be done when its done. I didnt lose sleep staying up all night to see if lockon 1.1 was released today. Actually I warned everyone not to get there hopes up. If it bothers you that much just dont buy it. It is the only real voice you have. Same goes for us all.

OMG!! hey mods...can u pls lock this thread up with JUST ED's reply about release date. I think some ppl here are just doing this for fun to annoy the devs and mods.

Just lockup this freakin thread. A real lomac and ED supporter understands reason for delays.

SHeesh! FIRST ranting by pirates about the good copy protection from STARFORCE and now release date ranting. :icon_evil

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I quite agree.

No moaning from me and I have supported ED in the past and will not flame now but with all of the aventures (ie Starforce etc) this is really too much. I was a potential customer but now I am not.

I have just place my copies of Lock-On, Flanker 2 and 1.5 on ebay.

Thanks for the good times ED but it has now ended.

Bye all

quite saddened actually.

Asus ROG Strix B-560-F, Intel i9-11900k, EVGA GTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000, 1TB WD Blue SN550 NVME SSD, Asus PB287Q 28" 3840x2160 TN 4K, Thrustmaster Warthog + F/A-18 HOTAS, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, Thrustmaster TFRP rudder, Razer orbweaver chroma.

The artist formerly known as VVS 504 Wolverine.