Triggers for LOMAC in 1.13?

There's an interview with Oleg at SimHQ about an upcoming patch to IL2. One of the cool things is that they've managed to put in some rudimentary triggers in the mission builder:

http://simhq.com/_air13/air_420b.html

Is there any hope for triggers like we see in Black Shark to be added in whatever ED has in the works? I'm not going to compare IL2 to LOMAC since that might be apples and oranges, but is it possible to somehow add this in a patch?

^^^

I am against LUA scripting to be able to export data of anything other than your own aircraft. Sure thing it should be great for cockpit builders etc do be able to display your own flight data etc but I think it should be limited to that.

No longer active in DCS...

LOTACT is good but only for COOP's I think. For regular online servers it is not good because it can be easily used to get advantage or in another words, cheat. We had it running on 3Sqn server for about a week... after which we took it off and haven't had it since.

The Tackview is good tool but can be used to cheat also... luckily I think 51st came up with way to block it from being used while in flight. Definitely good to use for debrief your flight (or of the enemy) and good learning tool (as in real pilot training)

EDIT:

this is main reason why I don't like LUA export:

fact 1: Yoda has come up with way to check enemy missile inbound onto your aircraft so that if you pull high G's to try last evasive manouver the LRM script will reduce your pull kin dof forcing you to get hit. this means it is possible to get enemy missile/aircraft info to your PC via LUA export.

fact 2: Yoda also stated he is able to get different sounds for RWR for different radar threats. Currently in game, the game RWR does not distingush between different radar threats/nails.

putting these together I see a clear posibility for the same person who is able to do first two things to get the two combined and get something like warning sound via third application to your speakers/headphone when enemy missile is inbound or about to hit, Heck I bet if he can get coordinates from within game for all aircraft in game then he can also write script to tell him angles to enemy threats etc.

so... see my reasoning why I dislike LUA and export data in general? All people have to do is be bit smart and have some coding knowledge and few ideas and there you go...

PS: sorry for getting OT

Edited by Kuky
  • Like 1

I'm sorry Kuky; I really don't like cheating but, if you're really that afraid of it, don't play online.

I'd rather have my toys ;)

As for #2, that was definitely a realism enhancement; I know exactly how it works, and if you aren't using it, the loss is yours.

Finally, you're displaying a paranoid attitude that comes with not really understanding how this all works. I get where you're coming from, but I reject the attitude - this stuff is reasonably secure.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

No loss at all here GG, if I would be using something to get more info out of the game and others don't I would feel unfair... so you pick your own playing ground I stay with mine ;)

Screw triggers. Full LUA scripting support \o/

No thanks. I'll take something that any idiot (me) can do with about 30 minutes of experimenting with the UI. Which do you think benefits more people; providing a tools anyone can use to make missions and campaigns more realistic and dynamic or giving us access to the sim's esoteric guts?

putting these together I see a clear posibility for the same person who is able to do first two things to get the two combined and get something like warning sound via third application to your speakers/headphone when enemy missile is inbound or about to hit, Heck I bet if he can get coordinates from within game for all aircraft in game then he can also write script to tell him angles to enemy threats etc.

I say if someone wants to put this much work into cheating on a PC game most people have never heard of, let them. Its their loss. "Good job on all that time you wasted. Feel better now? Enjoy your server ban."

• Like 1

Kuky seriously, what issue do you have against me. Ur running around

everywhere screaming "Yoda cheat cheat, the reason LUA sucks is cause Yoda exists....."

*Aha a new thread popped up that is remotely related to what I did . What did I do?

I made it possible for server admins, should they want to, to implement certain features,

and disable others, each could be done separately. I find it poor taste going around saying these

things, twisting the truth with your words and stating things like "Fact1, Fact2".

(anything including the word LUA is probably related in your opinion) - Bash Bash Bash!*

Get your facts straight. The ingame RWR does distinguish between many many different types

of threats. The difference is I also implemented a system that allows you not only to get the

visual cues (default), but not also get the sound differences. As usual I have made the work

public and possible to disable by server. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=42942

And how do you think tacview works really if not get all coordinates of all objects

(yes it gets all objects) in the game, every frame? I guess this is another Yoda conspiracy theory?

I guessthere is an entire underground Sith movement! :P

Edited by =RvE=Yoda
  • Like 1

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

indeed, feel the sarcasm ;)

No sarcasm at all.

I know where he comes from. He puts your "knowledge" toghether with the

possibility that you might use things for own advantage by doing certain things. Even if you dont fly at all lately or even long time.

I know yoda, back in days, you tried to find out things in order to "win" or play better...because you couldnt understand many things. You had to find out the unlogic "aspects" of Lockon as we all had to.

We all passed that "why this is working like this" time...

This path might have you guided through a short period of self-fish tweaking experiments (no occusations here and the unguilty one may throw the first stone ..haha)

but i also know that you passed that looong time ago, and now you try to improve things, after having a frustrated break from lockon ending up in Falcon.

All this cheat discussion are bolloks....

can be cheated?

surely

do people cheat?

probably and partially yes..but dont say anything before you cant proof, otherwise they call you whining baby....even if things are most obvious faul....most even dont understand, what´s not normal or faul, even after being explained.

do i care about all this?

Only in terms of TCL, but personally i give a ###, why should i...i focus on my own joy and pleasure to get better in my own way of thinking.

You both should REALLY talk it out.

Edited by A.S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It would be nice one day to come online and NOT see all this Bull Dust.Yoda made a nice add on and Kuky does not like it ....... simple answer is don't go to servers that have the add-on...... is this so hard to understand ????.

Personally I don't play online so it does not affect me but I admire anyone who has the gumption and time to make an add-on and keep making it better with every update

• Like 1

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

Kuky if LOMAC doesn't encrypt the data that's held in memory then you've got a reason to be concerned. If LOMAC encrypts all the data held in memory I wouldn't let it concern you mate. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Kuky if LOMAC doesn't encrypt the data that's held in memory then you've got a reason to be concerned. If LOMAC encrypts all the data held in memory I wouldn't let it concern you mate. :thumbup:

you are sooo wrong ( i understand where you coming from and what you mean by that, but wrong )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

you are sooo wrong ( i understand where you coming from and what you mean by that, but wrong )

Hi AS, I dont really understand what your saying mate, I'm under the impression that if a game is holding unencrypted data in memory then it's a hexploiters wet dream, if LOMAC or DCS is running unencrypted data you are at risk and I dont mean from LUA.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If it's encrypted it's an issue also, just harder to breach. In any case, encrypting stuff in RAM makes things SLOW.

If your point is, 'there will always be someone with the skill and knowledge to hack a game', I agree. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

If it's encrypted it's an issue also, just harder to breach. In any case, encrypting stuff in RAM makes things SLOW.

If your point is, 'there will always be someone with the skill and knowledge to hack a game', I agree. ;)

I agree GGT but encrypted and raw data is what sets the noobs and the pro's apart, GGT does DCS and LOMAC encrypt the data that's held in memory?. :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

... have you read what I wrote? That would be your answer ;)

I agree GGT but encrypted and raw data is what sets the noobs and the pro's apart, GGT does DCS and LOMAC encrypt the data that's held in memory?. :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

fact 2: Yoda also stated he is able to get different sounds for RWR for different radar threats. Currently in game, the game RWR does not distingush between different radar threats/nails.

As for #2, that was definitely a realism enhancement; I know exactly how it works, and if you aren't using it, the loss is yours.

Anyone know where to find this? I couldn't find anything on lockonfiles.

"Quote"

No loss at all here GG, if I would be using something to get more info out of the game and others don't I would feel unfair... so you pick your own playing ground I stay with mine ;)

Totaly agree with Kuky ... No question! Hes right on the mark!

The End!!