R27 guidance bug - show stopper for me

lifeliberty

To reproduce

- fly su27 against a F5E

- launch 3 R27ER's

- cancel the radar lock

- now check these 3 missiles (F6), they are at 1G , they've gone ballistic. at this point there are now 3 unguided R27's in the air

- now reacquire the target

- *** BUG 1 *** the R27's already in flight will stay ballistic

- *** BUG 2 ***, now fire 2 more R27's. follow the missiles for a while, watch them go ballistic A LONG WAY FROM THE TARGET, like 5 kilometers, even though you've maintained the radar lock all this time.

BUG 2 is the game breaker for me. It seems whenever there are more than 3 or 4 R27's in flight, the R27 becomes completely ineffective, regardless of your distance or radar lock situation. I suspect this is the cause of some complaints regarding the effectiveness of this missile. I have tried different ways to "reset" the SARH state, like shutting off the radar, changing avionics modes, using the override switch, etc., to no use. When there are already R27's in flight, they cause newly fired missiles to go ballistic.

I have loved flying the SU27. But this bug truly hurts the capabilities of this awesome aircraft and my enjoyment of this awesome game. I'm putting the game back on the shelf for now. :(

P.S. this was tested using Flaming Cliffs 1.12b

Edited by lifeliberty

... When there are already R27's in flight, they cause newly fired missiles to go ballistic...

yeah, wrong forum section, but also this is not true... plenty of times that I've fired 2 missiles keeping lock and they both track and hit the target.

No longer active in DCS...