X52 Z-axis is shot, any fixes or temporary stopgaps till I can get a new stick?

The Z-axis on my X52 has finally gone to crap after 5-6 years of use. I can't afford anything new for a month or two so I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to fix the stick twist or if there was a different way I could input rudder controls until I can pick up a set of pedals or new HOTAS.

Thanks for any help!

Heh, I haven't flown with "all-or-none" rudder since my first days of flight simming.

Oh, but that gives me an idea.. I could remap the target designator to a hat and put the rudder on the thumb mouse input on the throttle. That might work.

exactly what is wrong with it? is it the potmeter that is busted? Or the electronic Printed circuit board?

Potmeters are quite easy to replace, but the Pcb.. Well, you know..

No clue, I'm not sure if I trust myself to take it apart and put it back together still working. The twist glitches all over the place around the center point, but once you get past a couple degrees the jitters soften up to the point where it's manageable. Sounds physical to me, especially since everything else seems to be working fine. Are the correct replacement potentiometers easy to get hold of?

Lol sorry I just thought you wanted stop gap =)

Best possible stop gap! Thanks to you I realized what else could be done, so you helped out anyways ;).

Yea. I haven't yet because the dead zone is already pretty big.

...I just tried setting the dead zone to 50% from center, stops all of the jitters but this one point near center where the signal jumps all the way to the right. I'll have to soften the curve significantly in DCS/LOMAC to compensate for such a massive dead zone.