ADI Red Flag revisited

As per the titile, an attempt to get finality on a matter that has been nigglin', akin to that irritating rash that appears after a suitably vague weekend and which no amount of scratching will get rid of..........It takes ointment!

I am hopin' that someone will provide the said lotion to sooth the itch, currently manifested as the 'Assigned Pitch and Bank Steering not available Flag'.

As all no doubt are aware, the Flag is present at all times when 'Normal/Default Flight Parameters' (phrase used loosely) are present, for example the Quick-start mission/Runway start etc etc - The question is why? Why is there no Steering Information available to the ADI?

The forum has been searched for possible answers, which provided 4 threads of relevance containing information, but as stated, nothing definitive. Excerpts of relevant posts are inter alia the following:

It's Normal

and

Guess:

It could be a flag to indicate that there's no ILS information. Some ADIs have bars for glideslope and localizer tracking and will show a red flag if that info is not available. And I don't seem to see ILS implemented in the sim...as of yet!

and

The ADI does show command steering for left/right, alt, and speed when put in the correct mode.

to

The upper-left ADI flag is nothing to get concerned about, it just means there's no command steering cues available. Command steering requires I think being in FD with ROUTE mode on or something similar, most people never use the command steering cues on the ADI.

One could agree that having due regard to the aforesaid submissions, a satisfactory explanation for the Flag might be garnered from the info as to the presence of the Flag.......what it does not do is tender a 'solution' to the presence of the Flag. The Manual is equally non-enlightening, be it as a result of an omission of relevant info or user-error.....however not through lack of trying!

Question is thus:

If one accepts the above explanations as correct in that the ADI lacks Command Steering Cues, which Flight Parameters need to be adjusted in order to provide the ADI with the necessary info and as a consequence rid one of the annoying 'lil Red Flag..........

Ta

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

well, there is no AP pitch control, only stabilizaton, therefore there is no way for the AP system (I am talking route mode) to follow it, and perhaps, use for the flag. If you don't believe me, hit route mode while sitting still.

that is my guess, and it just doesn't matter. :)

Ta Smil :)

Any Developers/Testers willing to provide a Definitive answer?

Or is it just a matter of 'not adequately modelled'........

Somebody's gotta know, surely ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Bank and pitch steering bars are not working in real Ka-50. We did not implement it too.

Edited by Chizh
  • Like 1

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Bank and pitch steering bars are not working in real Ka-50. We did not implement it too.

Ta Chizh - Appreciated :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]