Black Shark beat me

Hi Peeps

Sorry to say Black Shark has proved too demanding for me and I have thrown the towel in :(

My Hotas has sold but my Track IR 4 Pro is on Ebay if anybody needs one.

Thanks to all those that tried in vain to get my chopper in the air! Ohh Sir!!

Over n Out

Wash

:(

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=320406085220

Q6600 3.2Ghz, 4G DDR2 1066, ATI 4870, x52, TrackIR 4, Vista 64

Maybe you should sign in to some virtual squadron. They for sure have training program wich could help you to get knowledge on every aspect of virtual flying that thing. Ka50 isn't too complicated to master it in matter fact. With A-10C it will be much harder imho... Sorry to hear that Washer. I think you made your decision too quickly :(

Hi

It all went South when I ordered the Manual from Amazon. I thought it best to wait till it turned up, 4 months and still waiting :S and now I have forgoten all I had learnt....

Don't give up yet mate. Sign up to a virtual sqn and have real time training. It's way better then reading.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Don't give up yet mate. Sign up to a virtual sqn and have real time training. It's way better then reading.

Umm... hopefully if anyone signs up to a virtual squadron they still continue to read manuals lol, but yes, a dedicated BS VS would for sure help in addition to reading. Also, as mentioned, start with arcade mode and work up. In the end you do what you have fun at. The reward can be greater if it takes more work to get there.

I'm still finding it tough Washer, just like you. But for a variety of reasons I keep at it e.g. the graphics, attention to detail, watching the battlefield from an aerial perspective is just awesome and the list goes on.

But in the beginning I wanted to learn everything, from startup to flying at at treetop level back to base and shutdown. But for a guy like me it was unreasonable. Learning the startup procedure, doing everything in correct order drives me nuts!! I'm not the personality :(

I realised this and decided to take it easy, do what is really fun in the game. I use easy startup. I can't lockup targets really quick (wingmen make it look so easy) so I order my wingmen to kill a lot of stuff and I mop up the rest.

And I enjoy doing it this way, probably make the purists mad, but I enjoy it and that is what is important at the end of the day.

Actually I'm looking forward to the Apache add-on when it arrives, I think the cockpit workload will be reduced considerably .... hehe.

Thats for all the help guys, this forum has been a pleasure. Even though I hadnt been flying for months I still spent a lot of time on here reading up. Without doubt the friendlyest forum ive come across.

Anyway the Hotas + the Track IR have now been sold so I guess its back to desert strike for me lol.

Thanks to the Chap who bought it for the asking price, hope you have many hours of fun.

Regards

Paul

Far be it for me to ask..what's done is done...but why sell your trackir and hotas just because one sim was overwhelming? Does this mean you are giving up flight altogether?

Doesn't make sense to me. But it's your gear. Glad you got what you wanted for it.

PS BS is big but not insurmountable. Betting is playing the right way. Do what you enjoy. The things you don't enjoy now may become more pleasurable later.

Alas, it is for nought. You've already quit.

DON'T GIVE UP!

Here's some stuff that has really helped

Quick and Dirty Startup (if u don't want to cheat and use the hotkey, this is the quickest way i've found to start her up + get moving)

The next thing i'd reccomend, is learning to use the Autopilot etc, learn to fly to your waypoints, use Trim correctly, set AP altitude and so on, so that you can get where you are going. The LAST thing you should focus on, once ur happy with all of that is trying to target (something i'm still learning to do...it's hard, real hard. Not used to having to VISUALLY spot targets..usually they have me before i have them)

Also as has already been stated, get on Teamspeak/Ventrillo etc etc, and ask some of the more experienced guys. I think it took me something like a month and a half playing on and off to actually be able to shoot a missile at something, kill it, and not get shot myself (ok so i died 10 seconds after..BUT I KILLED SOMETHING!)

And i don't even have trackIR, just an X52...

Keep at it m8, even if u take a break, it's worth it when you come back :)