VEAO Eurofighter Typhoon Released

Ells228

Hi Guys,

Well here she is, the long awaited VEAO Eurofighter Typhoon Block 2 Air-To-Air variant.

We had been working hard to get the RAF Typhoon Challenge mod ready for Waddington 2009 Air Show, which was a great success and have now completed conversion for the community mod.

http://www.veao.eu/mods/community/VEAO_Typhoon_Community_1-0.zip

The Typhoon currently overlays the US F-15c for now but will be updated for different nations in the forthcoming mod.

We will be releasing a VEAO mod in the coming months which will include multiple skins for different nations, damage model, Air-To-Ground model with weapons and a few other suprises.

Check out our website and forums for more details.

http://www.veao.eu

Please remember to untick 'Install with CDDS' when you install the mod via Modman.

If you have any issues with the mod, please post on our forums.

Thanks,

Ells.

• Like 1

Hey Teknetinium,

Yes it is possible.

You just rename the F-15.lom file in the mod to another plane template, however the flames, etc. when shot will not line up, as we have lined up the model to get the flames correct on the F-15.

And you will need to get the view correct for the cockpit of the plane you want to overlay.

We are currently producing an Air-to-Ground version on the SU33.

I hope this answers your question.

Problem With Su-27

Hi guys, firstly thanks for developing this great mod, the truth that I have always flown Russian aircraft and this mod has motivated me to learn a little more "F-15," (I never liked), but the Eurofighter is beautiful.

Well I have to point out an error compatibility between this Mod and the SU-27 FC v1.12b. The Eurofighter Typhoon Mod leaves Su-27 with corrupt textures.

I opened a thread in Lockon-Files conveying the problem to Thomas, at first thought it was the CAW Mod, but no, this was not the problem.

Thomas made a small patch that fixes the textures in the Su-27 but then in the Eurofighter aircraft corrupt textures are shown.

I leave the

link here for more details and pictures. Thank you for your attention.

S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hotas TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder | Oculus Rift | MSI Z97 Gaming 3| i5-4690K oc 4.5Ghz | 16Gb ddr3 | GTX 1080 Ti | W10 64Bits

The problem you are having with the su-27 is because of the view possition. Somehow the viewpossition of our hawk (modeled over the su-27) was included i nthe Eurofighter mod. To correct this, you'll have to change the view possition by editing the server.lua file in the config/view folder. The correct viewpossition for the default suæ-27 is:

CockpitLocalPoint[PlaneIndex.iSu_27] = {8.15, 1.38, 0.0}

So just replace this line in hte server.lua file with the one above. Make sure you make a backup first.

For teh texture errors you get on hte Eurofighter, I would guess a reinstall would fix it, but then you would get the su-27 problem again, so we'll look into excluding the hawk from the mod (or the bits that are mistakenly included of it)

Edited by OldCrow

The problem you are having with the su-27 is because of the view possition. Somehow the viewpossition of our hawk (modeled over the su-27) was included i nthe Eurofighter mod. To correct this, you'll have to change the view possition by editing the server.lua file in the config/view folder. The correct viewpossition for the default suæ-27 is:

CockpitLocalPoint[PlaneIndex.iSu_27] = {8.15, 1.38, 0.0}

So just replace this line in hte server.lua file with the one above. Make sure you make a backup first.

For teh texture errors you get on hte Eurofighter, I would guess a reinstall would fix it, but then you would get the su-27 problem again, so we'll look into excluding the hawk from the mod (or the bits that are mistakenly included of it)

:thumbup:

It works perfectly, thank you very much for the solution, i hope this will serve to other people having the same problem, thanks.

S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hotas TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder | Oculus Rift | MSI Z97 Gaming 3| i5-4690K oc 4.5Ghz | 16Gb ddr3 | GTX 1080 Ti | W10 64Bits

Hi :music_whistling:

Sorry, here I am, again with more bad news. Although the textures of the Su-27 have been solved, now presents another problem in multiplayer, this time with Eurofighter Typhoon Aircraft.

To not be long, let's Link Lockon-Files where the subject has developed.

Thanks again for your attention.

S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seemes like the problem is to connect to toher servers when using the Eurofighter.

This can be caused by a few things When you are denied to fly the EF on a server, U think its the server that denies you, not the aircraft, but im not sure. There are some files that is decided by hte server wich we have modified in order to get the Eurofighter to work properly, one of these files is the server.lua file wich decides where the cockpit possition is located. If the server doesnt run the Eurofighter files, the cockpit possition will be wrong.

The thing you see out the right side of the window is probably the refuling probe, this will be fixed in hte next update.

For the errors in hte texture, I would need a screenshot to see what its about, but most likely its a conflict with another mod. The EF have not been ajusted to work with other flyable mods atm, this will be looked into in the future, but most likely we will create a VEAO pacage with different aircrafts wich are compatible with eachothers.

For the errors in hte texture, I would need a screenshot to see what its about, but most likely its a conflict with another mod.

What do you mean by "hte texture"??.

Even with FC default (no mods) in multiplayer mode, they are wrong textures of the right edge of the cockpit, only when it comes to hyperlobby server, creating my own server, everything goes well.

S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]