How to map analog joysticks from an xbox360 gamepad style?

Hi guys

The question is this, I'm testing a gamepad to be used with the black shark, it's not an xbox 360 gamepad, but it's the same kind, with four direction buttons, two analog joysticks and eight push buttons. I can fly the chopper with it, the four direction buttons controls the panview, the left analog joystick controls the cyclic and the right analog joystick controls the rudder, the problem is when I want to see what buttons or axis or whatever of the gamepad are assigned to control the aircraft, there is nothing in the list. Only the four direction buttons are showed and the eight push buttons are in the list, but the analog ones are not showed.

When I try to assign an action, in the list appear a really large list of buttons. For example the four direction buttons are recognized as JOY_BTN_POV_L, JOY_BTN_POV_R, JOY_BTN_POV_U, JOY_BTN_POV_D, and the normal push buttons as JOY_BTN4, JOY_BTN3,JOY_BTN5, etc.

I found another JOY_BTN_POV1_D and many others, tried a few of them, but no action is showed in the sim.

I can assign the four direction buttons, and the other 8 buttons of the gamepad, there is no problem with that. The one I want to map are the two analog joystick.

I'm doing this because I want to make a custom joystick to fly the black shark :megalol: and I want to integrate all the buttons of the gamepad and the two analog gauges.

By the way the gamepad has an analog on/off button, if the button is pressed, the chopper can be controlled with the analog joysticks, if not, only the four direcction buttons works, and the normal push button.

Any ideas on how to map this pair of naughty analog joysticks. :joystick:

Thanks

Edited by JAG

Quick guide to configure ABRIS and LCD mini monitor

Quick Countermeasure Editor v1.3.0

Core i5 3570K 4.0Ghz | GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD | Crucial M4 120GB | 8GB DDR3 1600 MHZ | ASUS GTX 670 | AOC LED 23" | AOC LCD 24" | HYBRID DUAL THROTTLE (SAITEK THROTTLE QUADRANT + SUNCOM DUAL THROTTLE) | CH FIGHTERSTICK | SAITEK PRO PEDALS |

• 2 weeks later...