John Boyd presentation video

RedTiger

After reading multiple books about Col. Boyd and hearing him mentioned in many other places, it was cool to find videos of the man on youtube giving a presentation:

He talks about the FX program which eventually became the F-15. I haven't watched them all yet. I'm hoping he gets in to E-M and the light-weight fighter program.

EDIT: Even better...he talks about his more broad concepts.

Edited by RedTiger
  • Like 1

He's also the father of the concept called OODA loop, which we all do on a daily basis in some fashion.

O- observe

O- orientate

D- decide

A- act

He would exclaim, "if you get inside someone's OODA loop then you can beat them at whatever it is", whether it's flying, close quarters combat, or even debating.

AMD 965BE at 3.8 Ghz

Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P

Crossfire XFX 5870XXX

8 gigs of Crucial DDR3

Corsair 850HX

Windows 7

Cool

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

If you look on the related videos, it looks like someone posted a recording of his 'Conceptual Spiral' brief:

This is interesting stuff since recordings, let alone videos, of Col. Boyd are supposed to be almost non-existent.