How can we help?? ED??

After reading a lot of "ranting" and "cursing" about extended release dates, I realised that it's the "cursing" which is taking the dates forward!! As GGTharos just said in another thread... "And THEN a bunch of.... ". Well, I was wondering? How can we help? One thing is obvious... patience is a virtue. So, just staying calm and dreaming about FC should be better than shouting of "planning not to buy the game"! Come on fellas! Copy Protection is just as necessary as anything else. Ever wonder how much a game developer can lose just by piracy of their games? No-one likes to push the launch date further; not even the Devs! But, CP is just as important as anything else, especially for the Devs! They have put their time and hard work in making a game for us, and we can't rob them of their work's worth by using pirated games!! Would you like it if you made a game and just 1 guy bought it while everyone else got it for free??

So, I ask again... how can we "players" help? Many of us are talented in modelling, while some are just awesome at web-site development. So, why not save everyone's time and get some "freelance" workers? Personally, I don't mind if the pay is low... after all, we get to work close to the development team and also get the game quicker!! It's beneficial for both the sides. What do you guys think??

Chance favours the prepared mind...

Hello MS_Wolverine, and thanks for your offer.

It would be difficult for ED at this time to get a "direct help" as modelling job, texturing, or something, because they will have to organize documentation, tools, support, etc.

But, there IS a way, how everyone on forum here can help ED.

As most of members probably already noticed, the "noise to signal" ratio of posts here on forums was rised to unacceptable level at last few weeks (it's not about your post, MS_Wolverine).

So it's my personal asking to all members - before posting something, please think about:

How useful your message will be to other members or ED.

Is that message really need to be posted?

Will that message not just waste a time of those who read it, including ED staff?

Forum is getting on the level, where one don't want to spend a time to read every message every day. This is cause a repeating of messages, "bumping", confusing...

Most of moderators here are not from ED staff, they are spending free time for this job. We mods didn't moderate this forum to much before this time, didn't close threads or delete posts, but high level of useless posts makes forums more useless. So we will have to start deleting posts or even threads, which a not informative to others.

Please understand my asking.

Regards, Dmut.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

To the list already posted by Dmut, I also want to add...

Please, please, please be polite!

This week mods have been quite linient when it came to swearing, and being openly rude... However, I cannot gurantee that this will be the case in future. If people don't want to cooperate, I'm afraid we will have to start acting as Dmut sayed, i.e. being more harsh then we would like to be.

Best regards, and tnx for your cooperation

BIOLOG

The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.

Can't emphasize this enough.

We can all help by being patient and buy an official copy of FC. The more support they get the more motivation they will have to release further add-ons for Lock On.

Peace!

No motivation in the world will make them release more than 2 add-ons for Lock On.

After that, ED will start a new era of its flight simming development. ;)

Roger that!! Well, I also think that the biggest help will be by buying the game, legit and straight from the supplier. ED eliminated the 2nd option by taking up 1C games for Russia and giving an online download option for the rest of the world. The ONLY problem I have with online download? Well, what if some little file is corrupted? Do we pay again? Or simply re-download?

Yes, ED has done a great job in the flight sim world. FC is just gonna make it better. I still can't believe it... N-019 and N-001!! *drools*

I think that the people's idea to "leave the game because it took so long" is STUPID!! Sure, they took long... but what we will get now, is a ripened fruit. So, I guess waiting isn't so bad.

DMut, Biolog, I copy what you say. I believe you fellows should be harsh. There's an old saying here... "laton key bhoot, baton sey nahin maante". Well, it's hindi, but what it means is simple... those who are in a habit of being beaten, don't pay attention if you talk. ;)

Chance favours the prepared mind...

The ONLY problem I have with online download? Well, what if some little file is corrupted? Do we pay again? Or simply re-download?

Well, I highly doubt that is a possibility. ED has been delaying the some for some porpuse: to test the online system distribution. I believe that they will be able to make this system work properly. ;)

The ONLY problem I have with online download? Well, what if some little file is corrupted? Do we pay again? Or simply re-download?

Of course, you will not have to pay again just because of broken download. Basically, you will have pay for a serial number. After that, you can DL install-package as may times as you want. I really hope you are not going to DDoS ED's site and mirrors :)

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

I think buying the game will be enough help, They have a great crew, we just need to reward them by purchasing the game, which I think all but 1 or peeps here will.

In future, ED could - hopefully would - include a true F-18 Hornet flyable. Something which we as community could do is to assist ED in gathering accurate information and specs so as to ensure an accurate experience.

I am sure that many die-hard flightsim and lo-mac fans can provide consructive info regarding the technical details of implementing a official F-18 addon. Needless to say someone still would have to turn ideas into actual computer code.

Among the lo-mac community (Russia, rest-of-the-world) surely should be a few talented, professional C++ developers with many years of hardcore programming + management experience. Sourcing such a developer or 2 from the lo-mac community to do freelance work (at nominal fee?) could spread the development load. And bring the product to market quicker or more effecient.

The financial reward for such a developer could not be great consedering theat ED is in Russia, but, the prestige gained from working and contributing on a project as lo-mac would shine in a C.V.

I am myself a C#/SQL-Server/Biztalk developer, count me out :P. C++ is totally gobblygook to me ;).

These are all fine but the actual implementation of infrastructure to support offsite developers could be a mundane / tough task but the idea i think is feasible.

A core professional inhouse salarised developer team in Moscow PLUS a few external freelancers could be the ticket to make lo-mac the greatest simulation product on the market, now and in the future.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]