Well, 1.1 is out, post what you think...

I had shelved LOCKON months ago--basically, right after it was released--as I couldn't get good fps with my system. I went out last week to get a 9800 pro, and now it's certainly flyable--and I'm having a blast with the SU-25T!

Having said that--I really hope the community comes together to support ED on all future add-ons--perhaps even allowing for the development of a dynamic campaign. Truth is, I'll fly this for a few days--then come back to it every so often just to take a flight because it's the most beautiful flight sim to grace a desktop. However--I really need the "immersion" factor to keep me coming back for more. I recently got Silent Hunter III, and that sim flat out floored me, and many others--it's tons of fun (no pun intended). That's the kind of immersion I think the flight sim community needs.

At any rate--I'm eagerly waiting to fly the flaming cliffs campaign--but I want to run through all of the training first. Perhaps some of that immersion I've been looking for is there in that campaign--I just haven't had a chance to get at it yet.

Overall, I'm happy with the purchase--just to be able to fly in such a realistic/good-looking environment, with an equally realistic feeling/good-looking SU-25T!

Download was long but install & activation went perfectly!

The little nostalgic Black&White TV in the SU-25T is really nice, bummer that it doesn't have CNN ;-)

I quickly dropped su-25T however to concentrate on the improvements to the SU-27 avionics, now with TWS!!! Some real improvements there!

I find this release very nicely crafted, well finished and really value for money. I particularly like the training missions.

I do have a very shaky Su-25 cockpit however, I dont know what it's related to.

In anyway, worth every penny I paid for it! Well done, ED!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all.

I just got back from Lawrence Kansas and I see that it's out. I guess it's time to order some chinese, read the advice on d/l and installing, and get caught up on all the posts from the last week.

You lucky dogs!!!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a great night/weekend. I'm sure I'll be back with questions and comments. Damn it's good to be home. -KILSEK

Terrain looks more colourful (more yellow plots of land)

Terrain looks more detailed. Seems like lots more stuff on the ground.

A10 turns much faster. :D

Overall response is better.

HUD fonts more legible. :D

Noticed some minor bugs which I've reported.

FPS increased. Everything feels smooth. No more occasional jerkiness. :D

Yet to try to season package and movie camera package.

Good job, ED!

Hi all.

First and foremost, I am very happy with 1.1. The SF CP did not cause me any problems. I like the updated doc's and encyclopedia info, esp. the section to easy radar :) . Thanks for adding more key commands for even more controls/immersion.

Now for the meat and potatos. It is a whole new experience altogether. I have been playing the F-15(the Ru cargo jets now shoot back :) so gunzo tactics will need to be adjusted) and (the new)A-10 quickstart missions, getting everything configured/mapped, and it is great how much LOMAC has changed. I too have noticed changes in the weapons, and am getting ready to set up a 1 Eaglevs2/3/4Su-27's mission to how much things have changed. I played the demo once and never did mess with the 1.02/1.1 demo trick, so it is really cool to see jets disentergrate at 20k ft. I have even purposely plowed into the deck at 800mph just to see the new effects, they are really cool.

ED I am greatly impressed with your product. You all deserve a big thumbs up and a Tooltime salute (S!)

Well, breaktime is over and time to get back to playing. -KILSEK

My 2p worth:

Good:

* Download fast and trouble free (please add check for previous version into install if it is so important that it is removed)

* Seasonal terrain is absolutely brill! I didn't think it would be ... but it is - trying to find the runway in the snow!

* AFM is mega brill!! Landing, asymetric weapon loads ... I've had to learn to trim properly

* Loads of new stuff to blow up ...

* New a2a explosion graphics ... those bits of Flankers sure do go down well!

* New weapons ... Those Sov gun pods look great - can't get them to work yet, still working on it. Those spirally AT weapons ... whooo. A-10 seems more stable making that GAU-8 even deadlier ... A2G is just so much better!

* F-15 seems to have a bit more power, especially at altitude.

* AAMs loft a little, but are more easily dodged so no real gain there ...

* Not sure about the other Ruski jets ... still good targets :)

* Documentation is first rate.

Bad:

* They've rasied the seat back in the F-15 ... no more looking right behind :(

* AMRAAM sucks! But this seems to apply to all SAR/AR missiles ... perhaps its better jammer/chaff modelling, so I guess we have to re-learn!

* Some changed keys ... I sat on the runway online and couldn't figure out how to start engines ... my keyboard doesn't have RWIN so have to remap.

* On my rig ... slower, even with alot of 1.02 teaks 20FPS has dropped to 10-15. But my rig is old, so I need to upgrade at last!

* SF really sucks! People are not going to risk losing activations doing mods, tweaks etc. Bad move ... I've already used 2 ... if they all get used up, I aint buying any more!

Overall, apart from SF ... WELL DONE DEVs!!!

James