Pretty Big News for the Future

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they will not update all the other planes with the AFM unless they can make a standalone version of each plane?

That is correct. And it isn't because they don't want to either... its just not nearly as simple as most people seem to believe.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

My theory is that each addon created for the successor must be compatible with future addons. Not stand alone, otherwise you will have lost the advantage that lockon has over every other jet combat sim so far made. Imagine if Janes F/A-18 had of been compatible with Janes F-15E and Longbow2 online! Thats what I'm talking about, if you're refering to going back too uncompatible individual flight sims then its a going to be alot less popular.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Give us flight manual and weapons delivery manual at least. There is one of the major problems with such planes as Mirage-2000. :)

How about giving you the name of retired pilots ??? It's much better than manuals. Besides France is changing for RAfale now and there shouldn't be any probelm about top secret bull s..t

• ED Team
How about giving you the name of retired pilots ??? It's much better than manuals. Besides France is changing for RAfale now and there shouldn't be any probelm about top secret bull s..t

In any case if we want to model complex and close to reality avionics systems, manuals and tech descriptions are highly recommended.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

• ED Team
Will all future addon aircraft/helos have the AFM? Is that the plan?

Yes it is.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Erm - a technical and slightly weird question, then . . . . .

With improved physics models, will we see fully animated carrier cables and refuelling hoses?

We have not planned it yet... but will see what will change. Now all our efforts are applied to Ka-50 related tasks. All I can say right now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The beggining of this thread had an announcement that "Is planned the full translation of all existing in the game aircraft into the new physical model". That says all existing aircraft will get the AFM.

Since then, I've seen on SimHQ that the Su-27 will not be getting the AFM. What is the status on the rest of the existing non-AFM aircraft?

SimHQ Technology Editor

TSH member

All aircraft will get AFM in the LOMAC _SUCCESSOR_. Not in any iteration of LOMAC. Whatever else you read, this is what you should expect.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• ED Team
I was a bit confused about this as well, Joe. Hopefully the goal is ultimately all the a/c will have the AFM.

Guys. We have such plans, but it should get "some" time. So dont ask "all this right now". ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Plane manuals for ED you'll find here

http://www.flight-manuals-on-cd.com/

Manuals for next planes are there :

F/A-18 all vesrsions except Super Hornet

Harrier

F-14 A/D

Mirage F1

Mirage III

Thanks you. Mmm... what about weapon delivery manuals? ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Plane manuals for ED you'll find here

http://www.flight-manuals-on-cd.com/

Manuals for next planes are there :

F/A-18 all vesrsions except Super Hornet

Harrier

F-14 A/D

Mirage F1

Mirage III

Hello Orao.

ED actually knows that site and already has most (if not every) of manuals from there, but those manuals doesn't describe weapons delivery nor radar\avionics handling.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

Guys. We have such plans, but it should get "some" time. So dont ask "all this right now". ;)

I'll try and hold back the questions until an official announcement is made about LOMAC's succesor :D

Thanks for the replies thus far!