After 4 re-activations?

To protect the link between the "Program" and your computer configuration, StarForce is used for such protection. If up to 40% of the hardware parameters of your computer have changed, you will be required to re-activate your "Program." After your initial activation, you have a total of four re-activations of the "Program."

When the Activation Key is received, you can finalize the activation process by entering the Registration Number, Configuration Code and Activation Key.

What happens after these 4 reactivations?

For example after 10 years my computer changed over 40% more than 4 times. To i have to rebuy it?

And how many is 40%???? How many is a CD-Rom, a CPU or a Floppy?

This message was sponsored by "askingstupidquestions.com" in cooparation with "icantfly.de".

I'm really interested to know this also. I overclock my processor and windows shows it to be the next processor up 3200+. If lockon does its "lock-Up" i have to clear my cmos and boot into windows and boot again to overclock again. Thus meaning starforce would detect that i just changed processor 2 times. Sounds lame think I might pass on lockon 1.1 if I will have to go through the trouble of getting new activation key or buying it again? Every 2nd time the game "locks up".

I have yet to understand why the game locks up but when your online and hit f10 or f2 to many times it just does. Bummer.

Guest ruggbutt

I already used up 2 activations w/the exact same hardware. Waiting to hear from ED about what the problem is.

ooh this sounds not good...

This is the second thing im afraid of.

This happens to my Windows Activation too... without changing anything on my system. I would prefer a normay CD-Check or an Online Key with an unique Online Account.

This message was sponsored by "askingstupidquestions.com" in cooparation with "icantfly.de".

What happens after these 4 reactivations?

For example after 10 years my computer changed over 40% more than 4 times. To i have to rebuy it?

And how many is 40%???? How many is a CD-Rom, a CPU or a Floppy?

your gonna be using the same computer after 10 years? Yeah right. LMAO!

It was posted here earlier that if you have proof of purchase, ED would in certain cases grant you additional installations.. or something to that affect.

Now, Ruggbutt's questions is interesting, im hoping to hear on that one too!

-Thomp

ps. no offense :D

355th_THOMP.jpg

Hello there,

I'm wondering the following thing :

For over a year, I've been hosting multi games with a dedicated machine, which simplifies Lomac server administration, TS administration etc.

Of course, I used to do it with the same version of my Lock On licence.

Do I have to buy a new licence to offer my flying mates and I this 'cumfort' or is there any way to activate the same licence on two different pcs?

I hope there comes an official statement from ED. I dont want to trust rumors or other. It should be clear in the eula.

I don't think there will be an official answer other then what we already know.

My topic posted recently questioning the 4 activations have been simply deleted. Seems like they dont want to talk about it.

Not long ago they lived under a dictatorship where freedom of speech was severely punished and people were erased from history. I guess old habits die hard. A reall shame.

Read fast before they delete this one too!

They have a team of clever and creative people able to release a high quality product but can't come up with a reasonable system to protect their code! There must be a better way to do this.

If ED goes out of business 6 months from now (God forbid!) who are you going to ask for an activation code? How many developers have closed their doors even after releasing wonderfull games?

I want to have a license to use this game for as long as I decide.

Am I going to buy it? Probably since there seems to be no forseeable alternative. But that doesnt mean I have to like it or agree with the system.

I'm not flaming, I'm not ofending anyone. I'm just giving my opinion. Is that allowed?

'

I dont agree to this system... its asking you when you will buy.... and i said no i dont agree... and this is my answer.

If they want to have my money and the money from hundreds of other people who thinks the same about this, they have to change something or give a statemant.

There are still other games which im waiting for. Im asking me how long it will takes when this poor and expensive portection will fail. Would you buy it a second time?

man! I really want to know this too.... I DO NOT WANT TO SPEND 35$ again after 5 times.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Guest ruggbutt
Thats a fact - you'll have to.

Is that so? How do you know? Seems that Bard has been posting that you have to buy new activations in this thread. Quite alarming but considering some of the stuff Bard has said about ED and it's employees it could be someone being a smartass and pulling his chain. Or it could be he's full of it, which is more likely. Of course this is worrisome until I found what happened to Burner in this thread. Also read what Similan said in his post. So it seems that ED and Starforce are attempting to be accomodating.

And after 5 negative posts Albatros I find it hard to believe you don't have an agenda.

And after 5 negative posts Albatros I find it hard to believe you don't have an agenda.

For sure I have - what's wrong with that? Read the posts where people bought this game without knowing all conditions. This (SF) is such a concern that is has to be in big red letters first to read on the homepage!

PS

Would be easy to prove me wrong if I am. One single sticky post here about this topic and all is fine, wouldn't it be?

Guest ruggbutt

Just hang out and see how this pans out. I'm sure that ED will make sure that none of us are out of luck regarding activations and such.

your gonna be using the same computer after 10 years? Yeah right. LMAO!

Very good point. Exactly that is the main problem. One can expect that by changing XP to Longhorn (1st activation), a new CPU and MB (2nd activation) and later a new grafixboard and faster RAM (3rd activation) you'll soon runing out of activations, maybe already within a single year. Not mentioning OS service packs and new drivers here, which might have an impact as well.

Everybody just think about when and what you changed on your PC. And how often that happens. People playing LOMAC / FC usually are going for new and better hardware very soon - it's related to the games that we play demanding high standard hardware.

I don't think that after 3 years, many customers will be able to play FC anymore, but then have to buy a new set of activation keys....

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

I personally don’t think a company that gave us a free update for Flanker which installed the Mig29K would allow a situation to occur where you are unable to play 1.1 years after you purchased it .. I think the more relevant question should be what is the procedure for reactivation for those that find them selves in the unfortunate situation where they have used up all of there activations do to bugs or just normal PC usage.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.